Bottomless Bubbles?

HappyHygienist

my wife and I have cruised one time over ten years ago. we are now more resort type folks. open minded on this excursion with four other couples in our family. the carrying around is a drawback but maybe 6 or 8 capped "pops" in a carry on would be good to have. do both of use in our party need to get this bottomless sticker???? i have read the similar alcohol sticker needs to be purchased by all people in a stateroom to prevent sharing. I love to use my travel mug on vacation and am happy to hear they will fill it. thanks so much to all whom have shared in this thread today. great to get information from people who have been there done that. please keep the good info coming.

Geo of BarbGeo

my wife and I have cruised one time over ten years ago. we are now more resort type folks. open minded on this excursion with four other couples in our family. the carrying around is a drawback but maybe 6 or 8 capped "pops" in a carry on would be good to have. do both of use in our party need to get this bottomless sticker???? i have read the similar alcohol sticker needs to be purchased by all people in a stateroom to prevent sharing. I love to use my travel mug on vacation and am happy to hear they will fill it. thanks so much to all whom have shared in this thread today. great to get information from people who have been there done that. please keep the good info coming.

Geo of BarbGeo

No you can purchase them individually. You are not suppose to share. Most servers will not check the card to see if it is really you, however some will scan it. Some on here have suggested luggage dollies for carting 12 packs of soda around on embarkation day. As much pop as I drink. The $6 dollars a day is well worth it. I usally go on 5 day cruises. So $36 is money well spent in my opinion.

$6.00 a day for adults for sticker vs 2.00 approx. for each can you would buy separately. Plus tax on both of those options.

So if you buy 3 or more cans a day, it pays to buy the sticker.

I could not remember the amount it takes to make up for the cost of buying individual, but that sounds correct. With what we bring on board and buying one with dinner its cheaper on us not using the program. But I agree with anyone that drinks a good bit of Coke buy the program. Just a reminder they don't have sweet tea on board. Unsweetened tea and a pack of sugar is not what I consider sweet tea.

oh....I was unaware you could bring soda in your checked bags. that is a definite option. can I bring my own insulated mug to use if I/we choose bottomless bubbles package? do they charge for each ice tea???

I got those hot cold tervis tumblers at Bed Bath and Beyond because I always have their 20 percent off coupons that claim to expire but they take them anyway at least here in Melbourne, Florida they do...I got one with an R for my Husband and one with a K for me...we take those on board. We do buy the soda sticker. I go up to the bar and ask for my soda in the mug and good to go.

You can only bring soda (or pop as we say in ky) as a carry on. That's why I don't bother with it because I don't want to have to lug it around until my room is ready at 1:30

I know Carnival says this is what they do, but it's not true. We've brought a 12 pack of soda and 24 waters on every cruise we've ever taken. We pack it in a duffle, tag it, and it arrives at our room just like our luggage and no one has ever said a word to us. We don't "hide" it or try to make it look like something else.

We also bring a folding cooler and the steward fills it with ice, which we stack our cokes/water in to keep them cold.

Bring your own drinks. It saves a ton of money. We just cruised in June and did this and we'll be doing it in October, as well.

oh....I was unaware you could bring soda in your checked bags. that is a definite option. can I bring my own insulated mug to use if I/we choose bottomless bubbles package? do they charge for each ice tea???

They normally have Carnival tumblers for sale where you buy the soda package. I bought one and enjoyed having it on board. I would take the top off pour in some rum then hand it to them to fill up with Sprite. I buy Rum from Bon Voyage then ut it in a flask that I carry when walking around.

Ok just to be clear please. We can bring 12-20 oz sodas per person on the cruise? We can put it in a carry on and check it at the dock? (Our first cruise). If we put 24 in one carryon for the both of us will that be acceptable?

Thanks

I was worried about that too, but have never had a problem carrying on a large amount of water or drinks. Same as wine you can carry one .750 bottle per person or one 1.5 for two. Just remember to bring a cork screw or you will have to pay the $10 corking fee.

thanks not concerned to much about cost but were would I/we buy this when we board???is this something I/we could just buy in advance??

Geo of BarbGeo

You can buy it in advance! Just call Bon voyage and they'll do the transaction for you. Ive bought it in advance, and once my mom bought it for us as a gift.

When you get into your room, On the little desk there will be a paper saying you've purchased it. You take that paper down to the coffee shop usually and they'll put the sticker on your sign and sail card. Don't worry about remembering it all, the instructions will be on the paper.

The downside is, you can't purchase the carnival cup in advance. But you can go up to any bar, show them that you bought the sticker in advance (or if it was a gift) and they'll let you buy the mug if you want one.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

I bring my own cup from home. Go to Home goods or TJ Maxx and get one for a couple bucks. Or a clearence rack at any dept store. It will be different from everyone elses and you will know which one is yours. I bring an insulated coffee mug too. The (coffee) cups they provide are really small. Got many compliments on both. And by bringing a cheap cup from home if you loose it or it get broken (someone bumped into me on the last day and my cup fell and broke) no big deal.

You can prepurchase the card by calling Bon voyage. We have bottomless bubbles purchased for both weeks of our upcoming b2b.

Pre-purchasing from Bon Voyage would be a better option -- even aside from paying tax -- if Carnival could do what Royal does and imprint the free-soda symbol directly on your Sign and Sail card, instead of making you go get a sticker...which can always get wet, fall off, etc.

Also, Royal includes the insulated cup with their soda program, whereas Carnival charges for it separately. I don't bother buying one on Carnival since it isn't needed. (It IS needed on Royal, since only the cup will activate their soda fountains...and they've installed Freestyle Coke machines now, which are really nifty.)

Just wanted to share something about Tervis tumblers that I noticed when we got home. The outside plastic must have reacted to our suntan lotions/sprays. It is all cloudy but of course still works just fine. I thought at first it was oily/sticky from the lotions. But after a few washings...still cloudy....oh well, they are now our official cruise cups...lol. Can not wait to use them again!!!!! We bought the new version with the top that snaps on and has a loop on the top so you can carry it....very convenient!!

Happy cruising!!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We purchase the sticker on every cruise now. You only need to drink three sodas to break even. In the afternoon you can also get juice.

We thought about waiting until the second day to make the purchase however the small amount of money saved would have been eat up by paying for sodas the first day.

The sticker may get worn by the end of the cruise but it won’t come off of your card.

• 1 month later...
Pre-purchasing from Bon Voyage would be a better option -- even aside from paying tax -- if Carnival could do what Royal does and imprint the free-soda symbol directly on your Sign and Sail card, instead of making you go get a sticker...which can always get wet, fall off, etc.

Also, Royal includes the insulated cup with their soda program, whereas Carnival charges for it separately. I don't bother buying one on Carnival since it isn't needed. (It IS needed on Royal, since only the cup will activate their soda fountains...and they've installed Freestyle Coke machines now, which are really nifty.)

Why better to get it from Bon Voyage?

They normally have Carnival tumblers for sale where you buy the soda package. I bought one and enjoyed having it on board. I would take the top off pour in some rum then hand it to them to fill up with Sprite. I buy Rum from Bon Voyage then ut it in a flask that I carry when walking around.

That's what I do also. Purchase a bottle of Gin for me and a bottle of Rum for my DW from Bon Voyage for the stateroom. Then purchase Bubbles when we get on board. We each carry a flask that holds about 12 oz. And we're good to go. I haven't had any issues on Carnival, Celebrity Princess or RCCL doing this. As long as you buy the booze from them they seem OK with it ( I do carry the receipt for the booze with me all the times, just in case). Cost is around $275.00 for the both of us. Almost $800 for 2 for the Cheers program.

I could not remember the amount it takes to make up for the cost of buying individual, but that sounds correct. With what we bring on board and buying one with dinner its cheaper on us not using the program. But I agree with anyone that drinks a good bit of Coke buy the program. Just a reminder they don't have sweet tea on board. Unsweetened tea and a pack of sugar is not what I consider sweet tea.

That's because you're from Alabama, where at least 2 cups of sugar per gallon is required to be called "sweet tea" :D :D

For the really cheap folks.....take a glass of water, squeeze a lemon slice or two into it, stir in one pack of Sweet n Low, and you have instant great tasting, no calorie lemonade!!! Try it - you'll be surprised!

Is soda water a no charge item on board? I never mix with other sodas besides sprite every once in a while. I may or may not enjoy drinking soda water with vodka and two limes.. :p No sense in purchasing the bubbles for myself and bf if it's free...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Is soda water a no charge item on board? I never mix with other sodas besides sprite every once in a while. I may or may not enjoy drinking soda water with vodka and two limes.. :p No sense in purchasing the bubbles for myself and bf if it's free...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

No club soda free. I tried to get some 20oz bottles at Wmart, no luck. Someone said Sweetbay has it.

Archived