Internet question

I have sailed several times on carnival but on sept 29th I'm gonna be on the Freedom of the Seas which is my 2nd RC cruise.

When I went in my last cruise with carnival I left my then 17 yr old son home alone to house sit and dog sit.

To keep in touch with him we used carnivals computers, and got on their message board cuz you could do that for free. then we made a thread and my son checked it every day and checked in.

Do they have something like that with RC? I cannot find it on their website.

We don't use the phones at all on a cruise cuz it's too expensive and I never use Internet either so this was a free way to keep in touch. If there were an emergency ( and thank God there wasn't) he had all the phone numbers to get ahold of us on the ship.

I also haven't found phone numbers to give him to get ahold of us on the ship in case of an emergency, where do I find those?

Here's the info on the emergency number:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=267&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

Royal does not have any free way to communicate like you described. The cheapest way we have found is texting, for $0.50 per message if you have AT&T. Other carriers may have different pricing.

Here's the info on the emergency number:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=267&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

Royal does not have any free way to communicate like you described. The cheapest way we have found is texting, for $0.50 per message if you have AT&T. Other carriers may have different pricing.

Thanks, the numbers will help.

I guess we will either pay for some Internet or hunt down free wifi at some of the ports.

The free, or low cost, internet in the ports is really the way to go. Don't forget some ports are US, so your phone will work at no extra charge there.

Oh, I didn't know that about the us ports. I have to find out which ones ..

I have never used my phone always just brought my ipad..but if I can text at no extra cost I may do that instead.

Oh, I didn't know that about the us ports. I have to find out which ones ..

I have never used my phone always just brought my ipad..but if I can text at no extra cost I may do that instead.

Check with your carrier. I know that AT&T considers Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands the same as the mainland, but I don't believe the same holds true for Verizon.

Check with your carrier. I know that AT&T considers Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands the same as the mainland, but I don't believe the same holds true for Verizon.

Puerto Rico for Verizon, but not the US Virgin Islands.

Archived