Weehawken terminal questions

leaski

We plan on driving to the Weehawken terminal to take the ferry across, then either walk or take a taxi down to the cruise terminal. We are coming from Dover, DE and according to our GPS it should take around 3 hours. I am scheduled to work till 9 am, possibly getting off early, like around 8. My question is this: Does anyone know of any problems I might encounter along the way? I know things like accidents, which are unpredictable, can happen, but I am looking for things like the normal traffic on Friday heading that way. Also, if we have tickets for the ferry already, is there ever a wait to get on when you arrive? Are there waiting lines to get on the ferry? Will taking our luggage be a problem for us? We are just trying to be as prepared as possible, so any help or advise would be appreciated. :D

We plan on driving to the Weehawken terminal to take the ferry across, then either walk or take a taxi down to the cruise terminal. We are coming from Dover, DE and according to our GPS it should take around 3 hours. I am scheduled to work till 9 am, possibly getting off early, like around 8. My question is this: Does anyone know of any problems I might encounter along the way? I know things like accidents, which are unpredictable, can happen, but I am looking for things like the normal traffic on Friday heading that way. Also, if we have tickets for the ferry already, is there ever a wait to get on when you arrive? Are there waiting lines to get on the ferry? Will taking our luggage be a problem for us? We are just trying to be as prepared as possible, so any help or advise would be appreciated. :D

We're staying at the Sheraton Hotel in Weehawken after our cruise. The Sheraton's back door is right at the Ferry. The Sheraton sells tickets for the ferry and is a great information source for answering questions regarding the ferry (give them a call).

As to walking or taking the cab to the cruise line terminal? Our plan is to walk from the cruise line pier to the ferry terminal at pier 79 (with our luggage) after our cruise. Several people have told me it is a very easy walk. The distance on mapquest is about a half a mile.

When is your cruise? Ours is Sept 14th.

We're staying at the Sheraton Hotel in Weehawken after our cruise. The Sheraton's back door is right at the Ferry. The Sheraton sells tickets for the ferry and is a great information source for answering questions regarding the ferry (give them a call).

As to walking or taking the cab to the cruise line terminal? Our plan is to walk from the cruise line pier to the ferry terminal at pier 79 (with our luggage) after our cruise. Several people have told me it is a very easy walk. The distance on mapquest is about a half a mile.

When is your cruise? Ours is Sept 14th.

FYI, you're talking about two different ferry terminals in Weehawken , each with their own schedule (although both have service to the same ferry terminal on West 39th St. in Manhattan).

Leaski...you'll be parking at the NY Waterway ferry terminal at Port Imperial. This is the terminal with a dedicated public parking lot.

Jack300s...you'll be leaving from the NY Waterway ferry terminal at Lincoln Harbor. This terminal services the LIncoln Harbor development including the Sheraton Hotel. It doesn't have a dedicated public parking lot.

I take the ferry almost every day, you should not encounter any problems with it or the parking since they are about to open a brand new enclosed parking lot. There are never lines. Port Imperial is very efficient and well run. Lincoln Harbor as stated in an earlier post has less ferry runs and no long term parking if you are not staying at the Sheraton.

I take the ferry almost every day, you should not encounter any problems with it or the parking since they are about to open a brand new enclosed parking lot. There are never lines. Port Imperial is very efficient and well run. Lincoln Harbor as stated in an earlier post has less ferry runs and no long term parking if you are not staying at the Sheraton.

Thank you so much for the info. One less thing to stress about! :o

Lea :)

Archived