How many has seen this guy in the piano bar?

bubbakirk43

I sailed "Paradise" last week, and the young lady at the piano bar (Angela) was an excellent pianist, as well as singer, but she had the volume from her mike so LOUD, and her voice was so POWERFUL, that she literally drove folks out! Really a shame too, because she was obviously very, very good! :eek:

"SKY"

I sailed "Paradise" last week, and the young lady at the piano bar (Angela) was an excellent pianist, as well as singer, but she had the volume from her mike so LOUD, and her voice was so POWERFUL, that she literally drove folks out! Really a shame too, because she was obviously very, very good! :eek:

"SKY"

We cruised with her some years ago when she first started out and thought she was excellent. Had a limited songlist at the time and kept asking for suggestions.

Hope to cruise with her again.

Yes, Carnival still has piano bars but not the quality entertainers such as Ron Pass and Greg Gallello. It has been many cruises since we spent a fun night in the piano bar.

Funny I forgot Greg's first name.

Have sailed with Brad Alexander and thought he was superb.

The last few left a lot to be desired

We were on the Splendor in spring of 2009 and I DEFINITELY remember how great the piano bar was - Ron Pass was playing and we were in there 4 or 5 of the nights - what a blast!! Okay... so maybe that first night is a little fuzzy, but after seeing how much our bar bill was, it's no wonder! :p:D

I don't know that any piano bar experience is going to measure up to that one - that bar was set a little too high I'm afraid. :(

Celine

Ron is a memorable guy. Actually some of our crew think he is to "broadwayish". They much prefer someone like Roger or Laura.

"SKY"

We cruised with her some years ago when she first started out and thought she was excellent. Had a limited songlist at the time and kept asking for suggestions.

Hope to cruise with her again.

She's got a book, with words, for something over 3,000 songs now, and can do 'em all. I was disappointed in the volume of her singing, and the fact that she invites you to sing along with her, but doesn't give the guest a mic to sing along with her. (I guess if she's that loud by herself, adding a guest mic would be even worse!) :eek: Anyway, I suggested to the CD that she "turn it down". Don't know if she did, or not?

"SKY"

The Piano Bar guy (Ben) I believe was fantastic on the Breeze over the 4th of July. You Need The Bar R Tender.........

Thinking now he was on the Liberty with us this past Feb and he was one of the better ones.

That is unless two of them have that pet phrase

The Piano Bar guy (Ben) I believe was fantastic on the Breeze over the 4th of July. You Need The Bar R Tender.........

If there is one complaint I have with the Paino bar it is that there is one bar tender and server. When it is packed, you can run out down the hall get a drink and come back way before you get served in the Piano Bar.

She's got a book, with words, for something over 3,000 songs now, and can do 'em all. I was disappointed in the volume of her singing, and the fact that she invites you to sing along with her, but doesn't give the guest a mic to sing along with her. (I guess if she's that loud by herself, adding a guest mic would be even worse!) :eek: Anyway, I suggested to the CD that she "turn it down". Don't know if she did, or not?

"SKY"

Wow 3000 songs.

I really wish I could remember names better. We were on the Ecstasy in April of 2011 and the guy at the piano bar was phenomenal. He was a great singer and piano player and engaged people in the room very well. This was when people were still allowed to smoke in the piano bars and he was so good that I endured the smoke by taking my inhaler along with me just so I could stay longer.

In January of 2012 there was a woman piano player on the Legend that I hope to never meet up with again. She could play piano ok and her voice wasn't terrible. However, she seemed to have a rather limited repertoire and was a control freak. She tried to "make" fun things happen by forcing people to wear her boa or do things. It felt more like the bossy little girl on the playground that want's to set the rules and tell you how to do everything until she has squeezed all the fun out of it. I tried going back a 2cnd night and it was no better.

Last year one of the ships we were on had somebody playing guitar in the piano bar instead of the piano. Its really discouraged me on the piano bar over the last year or so.

Now, if I could find that guy that was on the Ecstasy I'd be more than happy.

The funniest thing about that video is the fact that HE actually put it up. Look at the original author- its him! I guess it makes sense because its his livelihood, and hey, he is doing well enough to get hired- but his singing is really doesn't hit the mark. Ahh, but alas, a nice glass of wine or two at the piano bar and I won't care if he can sing.

I remember you from the Legends show great job

"SKY"

• 2 weeks later...
I really wish I could remember names better. We were on the Ecstasy in April of 2011 and the guy at the piano bar was phenomenal. He was a great singer and piano player and engaged people in the room very well. This was when people were still allowed to smoke in the piano bars and he was so good that I endured the smoke by taking my inhaler along with me just so I could stay longer.

Are you thinking of Mr. H (as he was referred to in the Funtimes)? He was on Ecstasy on our cruise, but it was in 2012. I remember him well because he was INCREDIBLE!

If it was, I believe he is currently on Imagination and might be getting ready to go on vacation.

Archived