Drinks Oceania

zeldaharry

It depends upon where you live in terms of whether you think drinks are expensive. We felt that the $10 glasses of wine were a bit pricey but the $10 martini's were just a bit high. Remember that 18% gratuity is added to those prices. Also, alcohol is measured and we found ourselves ordering doubles most of the time (for martinis which are very small on the ship).

We purchased the Prestige Package and are glad that we did. If you purchase 1 double drink each, it is approximately $40 plus the 18% gratuity. Unless you do not drink very much, the package is worth it. If I have a glass of wine and would like just a bit more - not a full glass, this can be accommodated with the package.

We are used to sailing on Regent which is all-inclusive. In order to fully enjoy our experience on Oceania, we made it as inclusive as possible (internet package and alcohol package). The experience on Oceania was wonderful!

We are new to this cruise line. Are alcoholic drinks expensive and is it worthwhile buying one drinks package if this is possible.

Drinks Packages are available at two different levels:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

As to their being "worthwhile", that depends on when where and how much drinking you intend to do.

Wine and cocktails in the various lounges cost between eight and twelve dollars apiece (plus a mandatory 18% gratuity), but there are "Drink of the Day" Specials and as well as a daily "Happy Hours" , which, if you are careful about your expenditures, can significantly decrease that cost.

The general consensus in this forum seems to be that those who drink fewer than 5 or 6 alcoholic drinks in a given day will save money by not buying a package, but for those who drink more than that, they are a MARVELOUS VALUE.

Drinks Packages are available at two different levels:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

As to their being "worthwhile", that depends on when where and how much drinking you intend to do.

Wine and cocktails in the various lounges cost between eight and twelve dollars apiece (plus a mandatory 18% gratuity), but there are "Drink of the Day" Specials and as well as a daily "Happy Hours" , which, if you are careful about your expenditures, can significantly decrease that cost.

The general consensus in this forum seems to be that those who drink fewer than 5 or 6 alcoholic drinks in a given day will save money by not buying a package, but for those who drink more than that, they are a MARVELOUS VALUE.

As I read the difference between the 2 packages, along with only getting wine or beer on the house select package, it states that you can only order beer and wine in the dining rooms. So, I guess you are out of luck if you want a glass of wine in the bar, right. Guess you could probably go to your cabin and order room service, though!!

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Jan

As I read the difference between the 2 packages, along with only getting wine or beer on the house select package, it states that you can only order beer and wine in the dining rooms. So, I guess you are out of luck if you want a glass of wine in the bar, right. Guess you could probably go to your cabin and order room service, though!!

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Jan

You are entirely correct. The House Select Package only covers alcohol service with meals.

The Prestige Package is virtually "run of the house".

there are several drinks not included in the "happy hour" like martini's in a shaker and i think also Champagne and malt whiskies and of course the XO cognacs

if you want some drinks in your cabins i do advice to buy those in the airport or on land - Oceania does charge 100 $ for a basic bottle

the wines ARE expensive : cheapest bottle of Champagne is 95 $ + 18 %

there are several drinks not included in the "happy hour" like martini's in a shaker and i think also Champagne and malt whiskies and of course the XO cognacs

if you want some drinks in your cabins i do advice to buy those in the airport or on land - Oceania does charge 100 $ for a basic bottle

the wines ARE expensive : cheapest bottle of Champagne is 95 $ + 18 %

Vistaman - My happy hour martini's have always come in a shaker - shaken vigorously at tableside. A couple very dry Sapphire martini's and I'm ready for dinner.

My happy hour martini's have always come in a shaker - shaken vigorously at tableside. A couple very dry Sapphire martini's and I'm ready for dinner.

This has been my experience as well.

Archived