Question for any recent Breeze (in-room TV) Techy

FlaParrotHead

Here is a question for anyone who has sailed The Breeze and is familiar with the back of the in-room TVs. While we generally never watch broadcast TV in the cabins, we do like late night movies as well as running slides-shows of cruise pictures when having in-room parties for folks we meet on board.

As such, I usually travel with an assortment of hookups, cables, "black boxes" USB FOBS, etc, but would like to minimize what I bring on the next sailing if possible.

Since the systems do vary by ship, I'm asking any like-minded techy who has been on The Breeze, what inputs are available for jacking into that they used.

Thanks, B

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've twice been on the Breeze...only thing I know for sure is there is an HDMI input on the TV...wether it's useable or not I don't know.

Try searching for posts from a user "welldone60" I can't recall if he used any of the inputs and posted what he did or not.

Here's a link to his pics showing the tv inputs.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102217016485193114065/Cabin10206?authkey=Gv1sRgCNryouyu-cLaqwE

While there is a HDMI input on the back of the TVs on the Breeze, you can't use it. The problem is that there is no way to switch the TV over to it. The TVs are a particular type made specifically for hotel applications... designed differently from a regular consumer TV. There is no way, on either the TV itself or on the remote, to switch the TV over to any of the other inputs.

The only slim chance of success... and I've never tried this myself... would be to bring a universal remote and a set of remote codes. You could try various codes to see if you could get the universal remote to control the TV. From there, you could see if there was a way to switch it over to the HDMI input. I wouldn't get your hopes up, though.

Who would go to the cabin of a stranger they meet on a ship?

@Mat... While not really the point of the thread, since you asked. On our last repo, we hosted a party in the cabin and on the balcony for people we met as the ship passed through the canal locks. We served several bottles of wine, had room service bring plates of Veggies, Fruit, Chips, etc. I had had pictures from the sailing (so far) in a slide-show mode playing on the cabin TV with Jimmy's "The Cruise" playing.

Right!!! Who wants to go watch other people brag about their trip and see their slides just for some wine and veggies? Who are you trying to impress?

@Lindfaz. Really? Troll elsewhere.

Admins - feel free to lock or kill this thread since I got the answer I was looking for and those that are bringing this site into the gutter are starting to come out and take the thread off topic.

Why would having newly met friends come by for a "lock-party" and to watch pictures of earlier ports (from that cruise) that we had done together - including earlier that day as the ship entered the canal be trying to impress anyone.

Bye Bye

Who would go to the cabin of a stranger they meet on a ship?

I have been to many other cabins. We do cabin crawls, have had parties, meet & greet etc. on other people's balcony as well as ours. The aft wrap balconies are perfect for hosting something like this.

I sometimes book my cruises over a year out. You spend time on your roll call getting to know people. By the time you board the ship, you are no longer strangers.

Archived