Maui/Kauai car rental questions

ladybugk04

For those of you who have rented a car..Since we are in Maui and Kauai overnight I have rented a car for both days. Does anyone know if there is parking to keep the car overnight? Where I would have to park/how much it costs? or any other info.

We kept our rental at a parking lot in lahania a block or two away from the pier.You'll need to pay ahead using a credit card.There are no attendants,just a box with the numbered space that you are occupying.Weve used it twice before.I don't remember the cost but it was worth it.In Kauai the car rental company picked us up at the pier but we returned it the same day.It is a very short distance from the pier to the airport car rentals,maybe two miles.You could probably bring the car back the same day and get another car the next day.Check with the car rental and see what can be done.

We kept our rental at a parking lot in lahania a block or two away from the pier.You'll need to pay ahead using a credit card.There are no attendants,just a box with the numbered space that you are occupying.Weve used it twice before.I don't remember the cost but it was worth it.In Kauai the car rental company picked us up at the pier but we returned it the same day.It is a very short distance from the pier to the airport car rentals,maybe two miles.You could probably bring the car back the same day and get another car the next day.Check with the car rental and see what can be done.

In Maui, the POA docks in Kahului, which is not near Lahaina.

There is limited parking at the pier in Maui and we only rented for the day so I'm not sure about that. In Kauai, though, there is a plaza just outside the dock area and you can rent a space in their lot overnight. Back in 2009, I think it was around $20.

Check out the Hawaii boards too for more up to date options.

Archived