Pirate theme dinner on 3 day cruise on Dream

butternut1

Good evening. I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. We've been told two different things about pirate night. One person at Disney told us that on our 3 night cruise there will be a pirate themed dinner where all of the staff in the restaurant dress as pirates, etc. But then we had to call Disney about something else and during the conversation we were told that there is no themed dinner on pirate night on any 3 day cruises. Soooo, if someone who has been on a 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream can answer if there is a pirate themed dinner or not, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Good evening. I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. We've been told two different things about pirate night. One person at Disney told us that on our 3 night cruise there will be a pirate themed dinner where all of the staff in the restaurant dress as pirates, etc. But then we had to call Disney about something else and during the conversation we were told that there is no themed dinner on pirate night on any 3 day cruises. Soooo, if someone who has been on a 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream can answer if there is a pirate themed dinner or not, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

On a 3 night cruise there is a Pirate Night (servers dressed in pirate attire) and a pirate show with fireworks. But no specific Pirate menu. You will have the Signature menu for whatever MDR you are in that night.

On a 4 night cruise the Pirate night also includes a specific Pirate menu. The same menu in all MDRs.

On a 3 night cruise there is a Pirate Night (servers dressed in pirate attire) and a pirate show with fireworks. But no specific Pirate menu. You will have the Signature menu for whatever MDR you are in that night.

On a 4 night cruise the Pirate night also includes a specific Pirate menu. The same menu in all MDRs.

Thank you so very much for answering my question. I really do appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Correct. On a 3 night cruise, the menu will be the signature menu for the restaurant where you are seated. 3 nights, 3 restaurants, 3 menus. On pirate night, the crew will dress in pirate costumes and there will be the pirate deck party, but the menu will be the signature menu.

On a 4 night cruise, pirate night will be the night you will repeat a restaurant. For instance, you may be assigned to eat 1-2-2-3 where each number represents a different restaurant (or it might be 1-2-3-3....refer to your KTTW card.) Bottom line, on pirate night, each restaurant will serve the pirate menu. Your other time in that restaurant, you'll have the signature menu.

We just got back from a 3 night and the pirate party was on night 2. They give you a pirate bandana and there were people that obviously prepared in advance and brought their own pirate gear and dressed up. We were in the Royal Palace and servers did not dress in pirate attire, but there were crew members that did. I wouldn't say it was much of a big deal.

Man, for us, it was packed out. There is a Jack Sparrow stunt show about 9:30 that precedes the fireworks show. One of the actors came up and told me that we were commandeering the ship. (I didn't know he was an actor. We had plenty of people dressed like we were. We were pirate wenches and I had a full corset and cavalier hat.) I asked him if he was a guest and he said 'a guest of what? we are taking over!' and I commented on his incredibly large...hat and he said something to the affect that he could sail a ship with it etc and then SWOOP he was gone and the show started right then and there.

The fireworks were great, up to Disney's caliber, Jack sparrow was a neat unexpected touch and then we went and sang karaoke dressed like pirate wenches while our family somehow managed to eat again at the Pirate Buffet (where they raved about the crepes!) I will not be wearing a corset again. Maybe a wide stretchy belt! haha. More room to eat! We had overhead two young girls lamenting that they hadn't brought pirate clothes and that they were lame. Our dudes all wore the bandanas a different way and looked really cute and dad and my honey took pictures 'dueling' with butter knives at dinner! We loved pirate night.

It was a great way to spend the day. We had hugged and played with sea lions that morning and lounged at Blue Lagoon and then laughed our heads off at the show and went to dinner and the deck party as pirates.

What other vacation even sounds like that?

We went to late seating at the Garden dressed in full pirate gear and cavalier hat and bananas and everything. The whole night was a blast.

I will do two things next time: not cynch myself into a pirate corset so I get soooo full (probably a wife stretchy belt so I have more eating room!) And I will make sure I save room to get crepes with the family and eat at the pirate night buffet!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Archived