Upsell to Neptune

kstan

Sure -

We were in 1718 - one of the two Sky Lofts. I enjoyed the suite as it was extremely quiet and private. The entire loft requires a Key Card to get in. The service and attention was really special. I do have to admit that it was so high up that I did not feel real connected with the ocean. The pools, concierge lounge, and Central park was very convenient. The loft did provide a nice get away...

• 3 weeks later...

We accepted an up-sell and were given a choice of several Deluxe Verandah cabins to choose from. We choose 7147 which is right next to one of the Penthouse suites and close to the Neptune Lounge. We have had a Grand Suite on RCL recently and felt that it was larger and laid out nicer than this suite. There was a bottle of "champagne" in the cabin waiting for us but not chilled. We never really met our cabin steward although he or someone from the crew did track down our luggage and place it in the cabin. The cabin seemed warm so we turned down the A/C control and it seemed to cool off a little. This was as we were cruising down the California coast heading to Cabo. By the time we were leaving Cabo we had the A/C turned all the way down and the room was still not very comfortable so we told the ladies at the desk in the Neptune Lounge. One of them came to check the cabin's temperature and agreed it seemed warm. The next time they came they had a device for checking the temperature and to see what the temperature was coming out of the cooling vents. This was a 17 day cruise and we were only 4 days into it and our cabin temperature was already 78-80 with the A/C turned all the way down. Unfortunately it actually went up as we went south until we were facing 80 to 85 degree temperatures in our cabin. We complained and were told that the A/C was a water based system that depending on the temperature of the sea water being taken in. If this is true I don't know how these ships ever sail in the Caribbean or any other warm climate. Anyway we ended up getting some cabin credit for our un-comfort. I am still waiting on a reply from HAL senior management on the issue. Anyway be careful what suite you upgrade to at least on the Zuiderdam class of ships.

• 1 month later...

We received an invitation to upgrade to a Neptune Suite for our B2B cruise on the Oosterdam Jan5 to Feb2 2014.

We need a handicapped stateroom so I have booked the three of us (my sister and Ian and myself) into 5001 which is a category SY.

I do not know ALL the perks of being in a Neptune suite and was quite excited and interested until I saw the cost.

AUD$2,900 odd each!!! That is virtually half as much again on top of Ian's and my fares and $1600on top of Jill's.

Can anyone explain or justify such an expense please

Thanks

We received an invitation to upgrade to a Neptune Suite for our B2B cruise on the Oosterdam Jan5 to Feb2 2014.

We need a handicapped stateroom so I have booked the three of us (my sister and Ian and myself) into 5001 which is a category SY.

I do not know ALL the perks of being in a Neptune suite and was quite excited and interested until I saw the cost.

AUD$2,900 odd each!!! That is virtually half as much again on top of Ian's and my fares and $1600on top of Jill's.

Can anyone explain or justify such an expense please

Thanks

That seems steep for an upsell from an SY. I accepted an upsell last week, but only the first and second persons paid for the upsell, the other two did not. My upsell worked out to be $200 per day total, but that was from a lowly ocean view.

Edited by boulders

Beth we were offered an upsell for the same cruise $2600pp - I'm wondering if this is yet another example of Aussie cruisers getting a raw deal with pricing. If that was the price for both of us for 28 days I'd have been more impressed.

This was for an SY to Neptune suite.

Edited by Essence08

Beth we were offered an upsell for the same cruise $2600pp - I'm wondering if this is yet another example of Aussie cruisers getting a raw deal with pricing. If that was the price for both of us for 28 days I'd have been more impressed.

This was for an SY to Neptune suite.

As you can imagine, I did not take up the offer:confused:

Everyone has their preference. Large Deck, Large Room, Proximity to the Neptune Lounge...they're all great. It truly does depend on what is important to YOU! Our preference is proximity to the Neptune Lounge (for all the benefits expounded upon by many). For those who love the deck, the outdoors and the 180 degree view from the back, I understand their preference. Guess you'll have to take two trips with Neptune Suites and decide for yourself!!!

I agree with this and add one of our major displeasures when we had an aft Owners Suite on Princess. The noise and vibration of anchor chain in the early morning as well as the thrusters disturbed us. We felt a lot of vibration and truly didn't like the aft view nearly the way we enjoy the view from port/starboard. The suite was lovely and very comfortable but we would avoid booking aft again.