Blue Lagoon

So talked to Royal Caribbean and for our cruise (Oasis in April 2014) they do not have beach day available yet, and do not know if they will add it in. We are docked 7am-2pm in Nassau. Through Blue Lagoon website they say they include ferry, lunch and beach day for $54/pp. The only problem I am facing is.... their ferrys back are 1pm at the earliest. Anyone done this? Thoughts?

How far from RCI cruise ship dock to get to terminal to take Blue Lagoons ferry ride over? Walking?

TIA!

We did this excursion 2 weeks ago with RC I think we paid $58 each. It was one of the highlight of our cruise, after 12 days running around Disney we were looking for some down time and this was it. It was a 5 min walk from the ship to the ferry and then it was about 20 min ride to the lagoon. We then spent the next 4 or so hours relaxing on the beach. The majority of the time we were on floating mats in the water. There was lunch included in the deal, but you did have the option to take an 11.30 ferry back to the ship if you wished. Can't understand why you would want to do this, our only complaint would be that we could not stop longer. I would give this excursion 10 out of 10 and do it again tomorrow. PS the lagoon is beautiful.

It is on an island a good distance from the dock. No way to walk.

And when we were there a year or two ago, the ocean beach was closed and the lagoon beach water level was less than two feet at it's deepest.

That is very strange to hear; we were there in June of last year via Oasis, and the lagoon/channel was a lot deeper than 2 feet and I did some great snorkeling at a couple of the beaches on the other side. (lifeguards on duty and everything).

We're fully planning to go back at Thanksgiving of this year via Allure, and incidentally this excursion (NS97) has yet to be made available for our sailing. So right now we're planning to take a cab over to Paradise Island, where we'll get the Blue Lagoon ferry at 8:30am. One good tip for the return trip - we plan to take the ferry back to the cruise port directly along with all the other folks who book dolphin/sea lion experiences at Blue Lagoon, which means we'll be heading back (if memory serves from our last trip) around 12:30 or so. Four hours in the sun is plenty for us :)

Edit: by the way I just sent an email to Blue Lagoon asking them 1) to verify if this would be available to book through them directly for our Thanksgiving cruise, and 2) to verify if we'd be able to take the ferry back directly to the cruise port, as opposed to going back to the Paradise Island ferry port. I'll post whatever info they get back to me with.

Edited by joeski27

Well this is rather annoying. I got an email response from Blue Lagoon just a little while ago, and they basically said that while that excursion is available to do, they would not book me for it because I am a Royal Caribbean passenger and they have a contract with Royal. They just gave me the runaround and referred me back to Royal. So then I call them and long story short, they have no idea why it isn't offered but did verify that it wasn't available for my sailing.

Anyways, I'm going to wait a little bit and then use Blue Lagoon's reservation form to make our reservation anyway (as seen here). The sucky part is in their form they "require" you to mention the name of your hotel or cruise ship. Obviously if I enter "Allure of the Seas" they'll flag it and they won't accept my reservation. I hate this crap! This was the ONE excursion we looked forward to the most on this entire sailing.

This is so strange that we were able to do the beach trip 2 weeks ago on Oasis, but now you can't. There were way over a 100 people doing it so it can't be from lack of uptake. You must persevere an try and book it, as it was an amazing trip.

This is so strange that we were able to do the beach trip 2 weeks ago on Oasis, but now you can't. There were way over a 100 people doing it so it can't be from lack of uptake. You must persevere an try and book it, as it was an amazing trip.

Yeah I know, it was one of our favorite parts of our Oasis eastern sailing back in June of last year.

So I can *try* to put a reservation in, but what would have be able to put in the reservation form (required field) for "hotel or cruise ship" that won't raise a red flag and cause them to nix my reservation attempt???

I'd bet Blue Lagoon will get added to the shore ex list. It's still early, and there will be more later on than there are now.

I'd keep checking.

I'd been thinking that too since way back in the early summer. Even at that time, this excursion was available for every eastern sailing (Allure & Oasis at least) for every month all the way through the end of September. So with each passing month I figured availability would be extended out another month (i.e. that it would appear as available for October sailings, and November, and so on). But with each month nothing has changed; not available for October, November, or ANY sailing past that point. So odd. I've got another email into Blue Lagoon bringing them up to speed, and hopefully we can find a way to work this out.

We did Blue Lagoon on the Allure in March/April and there were many on our excursion...I'm sure it will be added to the excursions list. There's still plenty of time. With the time in Nassau, I would want to book through the cruise line anyway to make sure there aren't any issues with getting back. We didn't stay for lunch, because it was the one day on our trip that the weather was chilly and overcast, but it was still a nice stop.

It's available on the Allure 9/29

cd_shorex_hdr.gif

Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break - NS97

OVERVIEW: Blue Lagoon Island is yours to enjoy! Spend a few hours on the beach as you wish. HIGHLIGHTS: After the ferry ride to Blue Lagoon Island, you'll enjoy a private island at your leisure. You can swim in the calm lagoon, relax on the beach, enjoy grilled lunch and refreshing tropical drinks, or lounge in a double hammock. Or visit the Dolphin Encounter facility and observe Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and sea lions in their all-natural habitat. Your tour includes use of the aqua noodles, floating beach mats, and inner tubes and a game area. A picnic style lunch is also included with your choice of a grilled sandwich along with chips, fresh fruit, and fruit punch or lemonade.

It's available on the Allure 9/29

Yup, exactly, and that is the last date that it appears to be available.

UPDATE: Just got another reply from Blue Lagoon, and getting info from them is like pulling teeth, took 3 emails to get to this point. In their latest response they said that starting in they are doing "necessary maintenance work on the beach during the end of September"...which of course led me to my obvious next question (since they didn't actually answer my original one at all), which is do they expect that this work will impact the time frame that I was asking them about in the first place, which is late November??? I replied with that and haven't gotten a response yet. Ugh, this is lame.

At any rate, to the OP, I'm not sure if the beach work they told me about is actually the reason the excursion doesn't appear for your sailing, but I'd at least say that most likely in the next few months (you have 8 months til your sailing) there is a decent chance that it will pop up as being available. But that's just my guess. I, on the other hand, might be stuck. :(

Edited by joeski27

So talked to Royal Caribbean and for our cruise (Oasis in April 2014) they do not have beach day available yet, and do not know if they will add it in. We are docked 7am-2pm in Nassau. Through Blue Lagoon website they say they include ferry, lunch and beach day for $54/pp. The only problem I am facing is.... their ferrys back are 1pm at the earliest. Anyone done this? Thoughts?

How far from RCI cruise ship dock to get to terminal to take Blue Lagoons ferry ride over? Walking?

TIA!

We did the Seal Lion excursion when we were on the Oasis and we had plenty of time to do the excursion, play on the beach, caught the ferry back, had some drinks at the Hard Rock and get back to the ship. It was very nice.

OP - Thank you for posting this. I am sailing on October 13 and wondered why the Dolphin Swim was available and the Beach Day was not. I am really disappointed since I was really looking forward to this excursion. I guess it's time to start thinking about alternatives.

• 1 year later...

Did this excursion ever show up?? I did it last year on a Disney cruise, and will be back to Nassau in March on the Allure... except the ship leaves at 2pm and I'm not sure that will be enough time (nor do I see it listed as an excursion available through RCI).

Anybody chance it and make it back before the ship leaves port??