Restaurant supplements on Azura

Essexlass2

Please could someone tell us the supplements for both Seventeen and The Glass House on Azura as the information does not appear to be available today on the P&O website. Do you think these venues are worth trying? We read about some bad experiences last year in The Glass House as well as an almost £30 supplement for XVII and wonder should we try them or not?

Can either of these venues be used free of supplements at any time?

Your advice/opinions will be much appreciated.

Please could someone tell us the supplements for both Seventeen and The Glass House on Azura as the information does not appear to be available today on the P&O website. Do you think these venues are worth trying? We read about some bad experiences last year in The Glass House as well as an almost £30 supplement for XVII and wonder should we try them or not?

Can either of these venues be used free of supplements at any time?

Your advice/opinions will be much appreciated.

The glass house is fantastic. The mixed grill is excellent as is the burger. The lunchtime tapas (English) version is also good. Meals in glass house are about £5.00 and tapas £2.50. They do have a meal two or three times a cruise in the alcove where you get a different wine included with each course. There are only 12 places.

XVII when we went was possibly the best fine dining we have had anywhere. Possibly we just picked the right meal. I understand the supplement changes with the length of cruise. Around £25/£30.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you Dai and Brian. It sounds lovely, Dai, but I don't quite understand what you are saying about "the alcove" though. What is that? Presumably not just an ordinary alcove :confused: Sorry if I'm just being thick!

The meal in the 'alcove' which is about four tables in the corner is known as the food and wine tasting menu or we prefer 'the supper club' have done this twice. It is not a widely advertised experience we found out about it by chance. You book with the Glasshouse manager at the bar I would advise to do this as soon as you step on-board!

It costs about £50 for us both it is a set menu with accompanying wines we thought it excellent. I have the menu somewhere will post it if I can find it would recommend the experience.

The meal in the 'alcove' which is about four tables in the corner is known as the food and wine tasting menu or we prefer 'the supper club' have done this twice. It is not a widely advertised experience we found out about it by chance. You book with the Glasshouse manager at the bar I would advise to do this as soon as you step on-board!

It costs about £50 for us both it is a set menu with accompanying wines we thought it excellent. I have the menu somewhere will post it if I can find it would recommend the experience.

Okay, thanks Vizzog, sounds good to us :)

Hi Essexlass2, Pam and I had a meal in XV11 on Pam's birthday when we were on Azura last August. From memory I think the cover charge was £28 each, which I thought at first was a little steep. However, take it from me, the experience was well worth the extra cost. The food was SUPERB! The staff made us feel very welcome and the "al fresco" option of eating just made for a memorable occasion. The only downside was the occasional intrusion of black smuts in the air caused by stray air currents swirling round the funnel. Several other passengers on our dining table told us about very enjoyable meals in Sindhu, but as neither of us are fans of Indian cuisine we didn't try eating there. I have to say that I found nothing to complain about any of the food on the cruise, I am diabetic and the head waiter brought me the following days menu for my perusal every evening to check that I had a reasonable choice of dishes which were suitable to my needs. In fact we found all the catering staff to be helpful and obliging, especially those in our MDR Oriental. I know from comments on other forums that some people complain about P & O's lack of choice of vegetables and the same old dishes being repeated, but I found that I always had a good choice of well cooked and presented meals throughout the cruise. Obviously as this was our first cruise I had little to compare with, not having cruised with other operators, but I was happy enough with the experience to book to go on the same ship again this year, albeit out of school holidays, but that is another story altogether.

Hi tried all three when we were last on azura , and I would say all three were worth the cover charge . Seventeen was exceptional one of the best meals we have eaten on any cruise line or land based so called hi class restaurant, ie the ivy. You will enjoy them all .

Archived