Just off the Dawn!

Epic_Bear

Just got off the Dawn and home a hour ago. Good time had by all, Bermuda was gorgeous as usual. Food and service was good overall.

Something happened and we were drifting for about a hour, and we were concerned about the smoke in our muster station, but whatever happened was fixed and we made it there and back!

Any questions, feel free to ask. We didn't really do shows, more hung out, had some drinks, and ate in Cagneys, Le Bistro, Moderno, Venitian, Aqua, Blue Lagoon and the Buffet. Just a balcony cabin, so I have no idea about any of the butler/concierge/suite answers.

I don't eat red meat, but the other three I was with said it tasted great. Loved the salad bar, the chicken dishes and the pineapple.

There were a fair amount of kids, I think a lot of MA schools started this week so it wasn't insane. I commented on how well behaved most seem to be.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that about the kids. I'm childless by choice and one of my biggest pet peeves is kids that are acting like heathens while their parents ignore it or wander off somewhere. I probably sound horrible, but there's a reason I don't have kids and I'm smart enough to know it. LOL

I was on the same sailing with my wife and two kids (16 & 12) and it was our 4th time to Bermuda (3rd on Dawn and one on Spirit).

Overall, it was a great cruise for us. Nothing really stood out as exceptionally bad or good - just like the previous cruises. The food was really good, the rooms were immaculate, our cabin steward was amazing for us.

Some minor "annoyances" I noticed were:

- the vocals on the performers were too "piercing" for me and could have benefited from some vocal compression from the sound booth tech.

- I didn't find the singing shows to be as good as they have been in the past.

Tim Kaminski was fantastic!! One of the highlights for my kids was having strangers approach my wife and calling her a "witch" (those that saw the show will understand lol)

I will post a more thorough review soon as well!!

Archived