gtting thru Athens airport

NoWhiners

Hi All

I posted this on Greece ports thread but thought this might be better.

After our cruise in october, we have a 7 am flight out of Athens. I know we will have to get up early, grab a cab to the airport but I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience on how long it takes to get from arrival at the airport to the gate? just trying to estimate how much time we should allow.

Thanks for any help

ML

Dare I ask what time your ship docks if you're planning on a 7am flight?

Much of it depends on where your flight is going. If it's another Schengen country, you'll just have check in and security. If it's not a Schengen country, you'll add immigration to that. So we need more details.

Dare I ask what time your ship docks if you're planning on a 7am flight?

Much of it depends on where your flight is going. If it's another Schengen country, you'll just have check in and security. If it's not a Schengen country, you'll add immigration to that. So we need more details.

Oops--I wasn't clear, we are flying out the next morning after disembarking the ship. And, we are flying to Paris, then on to Atlanta. and, it will be Tuesday Oct 15.

Thanks

ML

Will be fine assuming you fly on the one day of the week that one of the unions isn't on strike. Lots of labour unrest in the country these days including the cab drivers. Strikes of one kind or another are virtually a daily occurance.

well, we'll keep our fingers crossed and hope there are no strikes. We may just arrange for a taxi the day before when we are on our tour of areas outside Athens.

Thanks for the tip

ML

Archived