Booking Number

EKELLEY

I don't undewrstand why a TA would tell you "you cannot get a booking number until final payment" - unless they are waiting till final payment to make the booking - and then - it might be too late.

Ron

I don't understand why a TA would tell you "you cannot get a booking number until final payment" - unless they are waiting till final payment to make the booking - and then - it might be too late.

Ron

I'd still get a new TA. If it is company policy, there are afraid to lose the booking. Why? Maybe they aren't offering you the best price. Check it out.

You sometimes can access excursions before final payment and in Alaska where the number of planes is finite, you want to get to the personaliser early.

Hi,

As a former TA, I would kiss yours goodbye.

I am booked on the Coral Grand Canal FLL/YVR 3 May 06. The booking was made 1 Apr 05 (13 months and a few days before embarkation) and on that same day the TA emailed me with the following info from the PNR:

- Copy of Invoice for down payment detailing:

booking no, dep date/city, arr date city, breakdown of inclusive package with airfare, details of cruise length, cruiseline, itinerary, pax names, cabin no/category cost, tax total, booking no, who we are travelling with, amt of advance paid and how it was paid

In the email that accompanied the invoice, the first thing provided was the Booking number.

If your TA is not going to work for you, as the travel business is nothing but client oriented (and their office/company does receive its commission from the cruiseline) then you need to seek out another TA and transfer the file to someone you can trust and who will work for you as a client. You should not have to contact the cruiseline yourself to do the TA's work for him/her.

In concise terms ... it's time to kick ass, and in your case, I would echo Donald Trump's "You're fired".

Ciao for now!!!

We had a smililar problem we are going to Alaska in a few weeks with a group of friends. The TA would not send us an invoice or anything. She said to just call if we noticed the prices going down. We noticed lower prices and she wouldn't call us back. We repeatedly asked for an invoice and she said she just didn't send them out to customers. We dropped her and booked with an online agency we have used before. They sent an e-mail invoice within minutes of making the reservation.

Archived