Booking Number

EKELLEY

Princess assigns booking numbers when reservations are made.

Your agent is in error.

I've had my booking number for a trip 'round the Horn, for at least six months, and the final payment is not due until sometime in Dec.

That's right, your TA is supposed to give you the booking number at the time of reservation. Do you see it somewhere on your statement from the TA? It should be in letters or numbers and letters. If you don't have it I would give them a call ASAP. You need that to access your file on Princess.com to put in your info and sign up for tours if you want.

My TA told me I could not get my booking number until I made my final payment. Has anyone else had to wait to get their booking number?

Eileen

Your TA is incorrect.. Princess assigns a booking when it receives your deposit. Make sure your TA forwards your deposit money directly to Princess and that they do not hold it. Check your credit card statement. It should say Princess Cruises not your travel agent. If it says your TA, contact your TA ASAP and tell them why they did this. I would never book a cruise with a TA that did not just forward your Credit Card number directly to the cruise line..

If your TA and you don't have a booking number you do not have a booked reservation - I suggest you call your TA - if they do not give you a booking number, cancel your so-called booking, get a new TA and rebook your cruise.

Ron

I agree completely!! I learned this the VERY hard way. To make a very long story short, I booked with a TA I had used many times. Something in her snapped, and she started committing fraud. Princess had received nothing in regards to our booking other that an initial reservation on which a deposit was never received.

I'm certainly not saying that your TA is committing fraud, but you REALLY want that booking number!

My TA does have a booking number from Princess but she said she could not give it to me because some people have been logging onto the princess web site & changing information. I have booked 4 other cruises with them & had always gotten my booking number. I will call her tomorrow & tell her that others have gotten their booking number & I want mine or I will transfer my booking.

Eileen

You are ENTITLED to your booking number and, you are ENTITLED to log into the Princess site. That is what we do; log into the Princess site. Please, do yourself and everyone here a favor. Call Princess and confirm that you do in fact have a reservation. Then tomorrow, get TOUGH with this TA. You don't have to pussyfoot around and make nicey nicey. You don't have to tell her "others have gotten their number." What others get or don't get is none of her business. What is important is that YOU get YOUR booking number.

If I sound mad, you betcha!!!:mad: I had a TA like this many years ago; got rid of this agency the very first time they started to play games.

Arlene

But that is one reason you need the booking number. All you are able to do when you log into Princess is to put in your preferences and personal info. There isn't anything that you can change about your booking yourself, so your TA isn't making one bit of sense at all about this. If you don't do that by final payment, then you have to mail/fax in all the info like passport number or emergency contact info. They do not hold on to all of it from one cruise to the next, you must go in for each cruise and fill it out.

It sounds more to me like this agent/agency is doing this to keep clients from switching their booking over to another TA before final payment. Which is very easy to do by supplying the new agent with the booking number.

I agree with Arlene and Toto.......it's your booking number and you are entitled to it from the minute you make the deposit. I would call Princess and get my booking number from them THEN TRANSFER THAT BOOKING TO ANOTHER TA ASAP !!! Sounds like this TA is losing a lot of bookings to other TA's.....I wonder why??? :eek:

Toto, the personalizer immigration info seems to run hot and cold. You find it that way too? Sometimes I find previous info in there, other times not. No biggie to redo.

Arlene

The only thing it seems to hang on to for us is our names. I always have to go back in and fill out everything again, even if I have mulitiple sailings in there. Right now we have three different Princess cruises booked and each one only had our names in the Personalizer.

My TA told me I could not get my booking number until I made my final payment. Has anyone else had to wait to get their booking number?

Find another TA.

About a month ago we were interested in booking a cruise and Princess said it was sold out. We found an Internet based TA that had a few rooms but were nervous about booking with a TA we knew nothing about.

I called the TA and asked about a dozen questions, her answers were dead on, just what I was expecting to hear. I also called Princess and was told to get the booking number before making a deposit, I could check the booking number on the cruise personalizer.

When I got off the phone with Princess I checked my email, the TA had sent the booking number! I logged on the cruise personalizer, and it already had our names listed as the passengers. I went ahead and booked the cruise, the TA turned out to be professional in every way. Since booking the cruise she helped us get our air plane tickets squared away, gave us great advice on purchasing insurance and later gave us information to help us find a hotel room for a one night pre-cruise stay.

This TA is jerking you around, I'd find another TA.

My TA also does not give us the booking number until after final payment - this is a policy from the company that he works for. On our last cruise I called Princess directly and explained the situation to them and I got the booking number from them so that I could access the personaliser. However, I do want to add that I have never had a problem with the TA as far as my bookings, reservations etc. I also had plenty of time after final payment to enter the info on the personaliser and book any shore excursions. It wasn't a big deal to me to have the booking number early. Just my experience and opinion, do what feels right for you.:)

Make sure your TA forwards your deposit money directly to Princess and that they do not hold it. Check your credit card statement. It should say Princess Cruises not your travel agent.

This is a really important point. If a TA refused to provide the booking number, I would consider it a deal-breaker. If I couldn't make sure that my booking was confirmed with Princess for the correct ship, date and itinerary when that information is available to passengers online -- I'd be outta there.

EKelley, you can get your booking number by calling 1800Princess and asking for it. I did that once when booking with a new online agent, and told them I wanted to be sure that Princess got my deposit money. They told me that they had, and when I asked for my booking number, they gave it to me. It's not secret. You can also getting it by going to the Personalizer and signing in to your Captain Circle account. IF you have made an onboard booking which you are using, it will tell you that it has been applied to Booking # so and so.

I called my TA last Wednesday and made a reservation by phone for April 2006. She e-mailed a confirmation and booking number that same day, even though my downpayment won't be made until tomorrow. I even went online this weekend and completed all the personal information and preferences. So, don't let your TA get away with this, demand your booking number!

Carol

Archived