Super Bowl and Formal Night?

Davey-D-99

Hey everyone. We are booked for 8 nights on Breeze February 1st.

Quick question about elegant dinner nights on 8 day Breeze cruises?

Are they Sunday and Thursday as they were on our Dream cruise this year?

Any chance they move it from Sunday evening because of Super Bowl?

I would hate to miss elegant night, however I would also hate to miss an opportunity to watch

Super Bowl on the big screen with beer and party food!! I never miss Super Bowl:D

My first thought is, "But the game is in the afternoon!"

But you're talking about the East Coast.

Sorry, no advice. Curious what the answer will be though. :)

Game is at 6:35 pm EST. It is in New Jersey at Giants/Jets stadium.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey everyone. We are booked for 8 nights on Breeze February 1st.

Quick question about elegant dinner nights on 8 day Breeze cruises?

Are they Sunday and Thursday as they were on our Dream cruise this year?

Any chance they move it from Sunday evening because of Super Bowl?

I would hate to miss elegant night, however I would also hate to miss an opportunity to watch

Super Bowl on the big screen with beer and party food!! I never miss Super Bowl:D

On our 8-day Breeze sailing last February the Elegant nights were the first and last sea days (Sunday and Friday).

We have sailed Super Bowl weekend on many occasions. Most times the elegant evening has been moved - if it fell on Super Bowl Sunday.

They do have "Super Bowl" events all day and provide finger foods and muchie snacks in the locations that are showing the game. It is a great place to watch the game - even MORE fun if your team is playing!

But...it's my understanding that it's up to each ship how they choose to handle it. ;) I suppose you could email the Maitre 'd and ask - if you really want to know!

That's great news about formal night possibly being moved. We are very excited about watching the big game on the ship. Doubt the Steelers will be there but I can always hope:)

Thanks so much for the reply.

Hey...you NEVER know!

One of the years I was talking about was the Steelers and the Seahawks!! ;)

We wore our jerseys all day - went to the show lounge with our "Terrible Towels" and watched the game with several hundred of our newest friends. We had a blast! :D

Hey...you NEVER know!

One of the years I was talking about was the Steelers and the Seahawks!! ;)

We wore our jerseys all day - went to the show lounge with our "Terrible Towels" and watched the game with several hundred of our newest friends. We had a blast! :D

So true! It is so early in the season--the first kick hasn't even occurred! It is anybody's season at this point. Anything can happen. Let's just hope it's a great game. I'm getting excited just reading this thread. I'm thinking I need to book a Superbowl cruise!

Think about it. They have formal night to sell pictures.

They also know that pretty much all the guys are going to be watching the game and totally not interested in getting dressed up.

What odds you want they move formal night to another night?

We might be on a cruise around the super bowl time next year watching our team in the superbowl again.

I wonder if I would wear a 49ers jersey over a dress shirt and bow tie with slacks and dress shoes if that would be allowed in the MDR:confused:

Hopefully they wont choke at the 5 yard line with 4 plays to go:rolleyes::eek::mad:

Game is at 6:35 pm EST. It is in New Jersey at Giants/Jets stadium.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, I know that. But I'm on the west coast so it comes on in the afternoon. Over here the game is over by 8pm dinner, hence my comment. :)

Archived