Bathrobes

pawsplus

Huh? Why would anyone complain about it? A white terry robe looks better than any coverup I have--I don't normally use a coverup so don't want to buy something fancy just for one week!

I ALWAYS use the robe. Some people on here are so silly about it. I don't like to see it worn in the Lido of course, but to and from the pool.....it covers up more than some cover-ups. Wear it!

Great--that's what I figured! I never wear a bathrobe at home--from clothes to jammies for me--so to and from the pool is the only use it will get with me LOL. I don't plan to loiter in public areas--just travel to and from the pool. :-)

and the responses went on for pages and pages.

Here's what I do :

I wear my robe to the pool, but do the lion's share of walking on the deck where my stateroom is. IE I try to minimize going back and forth on the lido deck as much as possible.

I have to say, I'm very excited for you. First cruises are always so wonderful. A whole new way to travel opens up to you. Also you will forever be spoiled for any other kind of travel.

I'm excited too! I have to say that I've never been even remotely interested in cruising before--it just sounded kinda boring. I'm a very busy person--two jobs, a farm to run, horses to ride, etc.--and just being in the middle of the ocean w/ nothing to look at and nowhere to go sounded deadly! BUT I always did find the idea of a cruise up the inside passage intriguing precisely b/c you're in sight of land most of the time so there's always something to see, and plenty of stops with stuff to do.

Also, I broke my ankle in May (I'm a hoof trimmer for horses, so you can probably imagine how THAT happened!) and this summer has been DEADLY. I spent the first almost 3 months unable to care for my own horses or do much around the house--just sitting on the couch watching TV, which is NOT something I enjoy! Then I had setbacks--the bone healed up great but I had very painful tendons (for reasons they have never figured out) and rehab has been long and painful.

So this vacation seems RIGHT up my alley! My mom has serious back issues and we figure that there will be enough to do for me, but enough for her to see if she just sits still and looks out the windows, reading--so we'll both be happy. And now that I'm finally off the crutches/cane, I'm at least mobile enough, if not back to my usual 150%, to be able to do the stepping and fetching for both of us.

And it's a new thing. I always like new things--experiencing something I never have. So at least I'll be able to say I cruised! :)

I'm excited too! I have to say that I've never been even remotely interested in cruising before--it just sounded kinda boring. I'm a very busy person--two jobs, a farm to run, horses to ride, etc.--and just being in the middle of the ocean w/ nothing to look at and nowhere to go sounded deadly! BUT I always did find the idea of a cruise up the inside passage intriguing precisely b/c you're in sight of land most of the time so there's always something to see, and plenty of stops with stuff to do.

Also, I broke my ankle in May (I'm a hoof trimmer for horses, so you can probably imagine how THAT happened!) and this summer has been DEADLY. I spent the first almost 3 months unable to care for my own horses or do much around the house--just sitting on the couch watching TV, which is NOT something I enjoy! Then I had setbacks--the bone healed up great but I had very painful tendons (for reasons they have never figured out) and rehab has been long and painful.

So this vacation seems RIGHT up my alley! My mom has serious back issues and we figure that there will be enough to do for me, but enough for her to see if she just sits still and looks out the windows, reading--so we'll both be happy. And now that I'm finally off the crutches/cane, I'm at least mobile enough, if not back to my usual 150%, to be able to do the stepping and fetching for both of us.

And it's a new thing. I always like new things--experiencing something I never have. So at least I'll be able to say I cruised! :)

I feel sure you'll love it. Alaska is a fabulous place to visit. Sounds like you've had a rough time of things lately and could do with a nice break. Have a wonderful cruise, relax enjoy the pampering and let us know all about it afterwards.

Mumsy.

Thanks for explaining your excitement. :)

Sorry about your ankle but happy it led you to book a cruise to Alaska. It is truly a magnificent place to visit. The beauty is astounding.

Hope you have a great cruise.

One cruise the CD was making jokes about the folks who wore their HAL provided robes to the pool. You'll never find us among the "robe people" :eek:

I wouldn't wear my bathrobe to a pool around our city so I wouldn't wear it out in public on a cruise. It may act as a cover up but it just looks silly and I would feel conspicuous.

Likewise.

Personally I wear a zip front beach robe both as a cover-up and as a bathrobe. I do not wear the HAL robe at all (too heavy for me). However, the times I have been in a Neptune Suite are the times I have seen people leave their rooms and get on the elevator, obviously to go to the Spa or Pools. (:rolleyes: We won't get into the NL debate.) There have been many times around the ship where I wished someone in their see-thru cover-up had put on their HAL robe instead. :D

In all our HAL cruises, I have never tried on the robe supplied...I usually take them off the hangers and stash them in the closets so as not to take up extra room in our cabin!

Back in the day, in the late 50's, my mother used to have a terry cloth beach robe that she wore to the beach at our summer place on Cape Cod...so it reminds me of that.

You will love the Inside Passage! Sounds like the perfect cruise for your circumstances. It is beyond beautiful, always something to see, and ever-changing. Have a wonderful time!

And no one who matters will care what you do regarding the bathrobes. Whatever you're comfortable with - I just always think terry robes are a bit bulky and cumbersome to wear when walking about, but obviously others don't seem bothered by the way they feel in them.

I have seen people wear their bathrobes to the pool and whirlpools.

ME -- I still prefer my own cover-up.

If my cover-up gets wet -- not a problem.

But if the bathrobe gets wet -- can't sit in the cabin with it.

All excellent points.

Very "retro"...so if that's what you like, do it. Back in the day, in the '50's, my mom called it a "beach robe". That's what I think of every time I see a bath robe at the pool...luckily, that's not very often.

Personally, I have a Fresh Produce beach dress and wear that as a cover up to the pool.

Archived