Laundry Questions

Wine Taster

I am on a 24 day (two 12 day back-to-backs) cruise leaving from Venice on Sept 12th on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I will be traveling solo for the first time. This is the longest cruise I will have taken.

On previous cruises with my sister it made sense to purchase the unlimited laundry package instead of doing the blue bag. This allowed us to reduce the number of items we had to bring with us. However, being by myself, it might be better to just buy a bag at a time.

My questions are:

Does anyone know what the unlimited cost is for a 24 day or alternatively a 12 day cruise?

What is the current blue bag cost?

Thanks for any enlightenment you can give me.

Dave

In general, on European cruises, the unlimited laundry can be closely estimated by multiplying the number of days in the cruise times $9.00.

A bag usually goes for $26 in Europe.

One thing to keep in mind is that there's a lot of time needed for one person to have enough laundry to fill a bag. It's almost not worth it, as you still need to have a lot of clothes.

It's a splurge for a solo to take the unlimited laundry plan, but it might be worth it for the ease. You can come in from the day, change for dinner, and send that day's things out in an almost empty bag.

How many days will it take to fill a bag to make the per bag price a good value?

Thanks Ruth,

Once again you gave me the information I needed.

Three years ago i needed info on inside cabins and you recommended a J on the main deck - it was perfect for me and my grandson on a transatlantic.

You are a fount of useful information.

Dave

Archived