Cruise options for November

RSLeesburg

This may be a little premature, but it looks like the school my son will be attending next fall closes for two weeks over Thanksgiving (the week of and the week after), so I thought I would get jump on planning a vacation on one of those weeks - in looking at cruises, it looks like most ships are in Caribbean or Med. Are there any other locations I should consider?

Thanks. I would love to do a longer trip, but not sure if my wife can get that much time off... But depending on the dates, it might work. I never thought to look at LA as a departure port, so missed that :)

I was looking at an 8 or 9 day on Independence (out of Ft Lauderdale I think). That was high on my list, but this it was an Eastern, not Southern. I will have to look to see when Southern dates are. IIRC, the southern has many more ports I would like to see.

Also, he has three weeks off at Xmas (where were these schools when I was growing up), so I may also look at some holiday cruises too :).

Do 7-nights southern out of San Juan and spend a few days pre- or post for land.

I noticed that in Nov 2014, RCI will have both Jewel and Adventure sailing southern route from San Juan. Are there any other lines that sail out of San Juan that I should also look at? I have read great things about Jewel, but will need to read up on Adventure (or post to RCI forum where the experts can chime in). Just was not sure if anyone knew who else sails this route (either from San Juan or not).

Archived