Looking for luxury hotel in barcelona

BUCKEYE BILL

Looking for a luxury hotel in barcelona. Hotel arts, w, abac. Mandarin. Any in-put? Thank you

This question was just asked less than 2 weeks ago...scroll thru some pages here to find the outcome.I have stayed at the Arts and loved it,but other's of course will have different opinion.

Looking for a luxury hotel in barcelona. Hotel arts, w, abac. Mandarin. Any in-put? Thank you

I recommend the Mandarin on the basis of location. It's located on Passeig de Gracia in somewhat north of the Playa Cataluyna. That's a great place for easy access to both the Gothic Quarter (heading south) and the fascinating Gaudi structures (heading north) up the P. de Gracia.

With the constant noise and crowds on La Rambla, I would not put any hotel located there in the luxury category no matter how many stars it has.

We stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona, not quite in the luxury category but near the Mandarin and in even quieter location on Pau Claris.

You have good choices. I would read through reviews on Trip Advisor.

Most people have not stayed at all of them to compare.

We have stayed at Hotel Arts. Yes, it is not located in the heart of the tourist area. For us that was a preference and we greatly enjoyed the hotel. Consider a club room if you book the hotel.

Keith

I recommend the Mandarin on the basis of location. It's located on Passeig de Gracia in somewhat north of the Playa Cataluyna. That's a great place for easy access to both the Gothic Quarter (heading south) and the fascinating Gaudi structures (heading north) up the P. de Gracia.

With the constant noise and crowds on La Rambla, I would not put any hotel located there in the luxury category no matter how many stars it has.

We stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona, not quite in the luxury category but near the Mandarin and in even quieter location on Pau Claris.

I believe the OP is looking to book a room the end of November, so noise & crowds are down

Having stayed twice in Hotel 1898 on La Rambla - both in October - I can tell you that there was no noise in the room (either from the street, or the corridors) unless I chose to open the window, and the rooftop patio was an oasis of calm at night after a day wandering through the city (no street noise rising to noticeable levels).

Archived