Pacific Princess Aft Cabin Balcony

Tweedy

Hi there;

I have a question regarding the aft cabin balcony on the Pacific Princess.

Since this is one of the two "little girls" as they are called, I'm wondering what type of furniture the balcony cabins have. More specifically, what type of furniture the after balcony (cabin 7121) has. Does anyone know if it has a couple of pool lounge chairs? If not, do you know if you were to ask would the steward be able to provide them?

Hi there;

I have a question regarding the aft cabin balcony on the Pacific Princess.

Since this is one of the two "little girls" as they are called, I'm wondering what type of furniture the balcony cabins have. More specifically, what type of furniture the after balcony (cabin 7121) has. Does anyone know if it has a couple of pool lounge chairs? If not, do you know if you were to ask would the steward be able to provide them?

Tweedy---We were in one of the aft facing balcony cabins on our Tahiti cruise on Ocean Princess (in early February) and if memory serves we had a table and 2 regular chairs. We could have asked for loungers but they weren't needed. We enjoyed the great views when departing each port but it sure was hot out there. You may have a lot of heat out there until you get east of Hawaii. It was nice in the evening under the stars but still pretty warm. We would love to try the cabin again on a different (read that cooler) itinerary. Enjoy your trip!

We were on an aft balcony on the (now retired) Royal Princess a couple of years ago. She is a twin sister to the Pacific.

Our balcony had 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a small table on it. However, we had friends on most of the other aft balconies (there are only 6 of them and it was so much fun, like a neighborhood, but I digress) and no one else had loungers.

We like afts and try to book them on all of our cruises. We used to be able to request the room steward to get loungers for us but as of about 6 years ago or so they weren't "allowed" to bring them due to a "fire hazard". I'm not sure what that means since there is no longer smoking on the balconies but they were emphatic.

Anyways, you could always ask.....

(Sorry for the vague answer)

The aft cabins haven't had loungers for quite a while now - just two chairs and a table. The loungers are made of plastic (or is it resin?) and since the fire on the Star Princess all of that type of balcony furniture has been replaced with something less flammable. Well, almost.... If you peek around the partition on your balcony to an aft suite balcony on the "little girls" you'll see beautiful teak chairs and loungers. Yes, it's one of the perks of having a full suite.

Archived