Category VD Reduced today

Sea Belle

Category VD has a price reduction today. I called my TA and she said I was eligible per HAL with no loss of OBC. I selected the cabin I wanted, she verified it with HAL and I was a happy cruiser! :) Five minutes later I got a call saying HAL had called her back and said I would lose $100 OBC for the change. Now that puts the price right back up to the previous one. I refused the "offer" and kept my VH Guar.. It's just the principle of the thing! Moral is to always check to see if you are going to lose anything in exchange for a move in category when the prices comes down. Not a "happy cruiser". :(

Category VD has a price reduction today. I called my TA and she said I was eligible per HAL with no loss of OBC. I selected the cabin I wanted, she verified it with HAL and I was a happy cruiser! :) Five minutes later I got a call saying HAL had called her back and said I would lose $100 OBC for the change. Now that puts the price right back up to the previous one. I refused the "offer" and kept my VH Guar.. It's just the principle of the thing! Moral is to always check to see if you are going to lose anything in exchange for a move in category when the prices comes down. Not a "happy cruiser". :(

have you tried a VH guarantee before? is it worth it?

considering the VH guarantee, or a VE with an assigned cabin for an extra $100 per person. -- not sure the assigned cabin is worth the extra $200

The cruiselines often launch a promo/sale and offer pricing and OBC that are specific to a particular promo code ... when a passenger asks to be refared to a different promo, it is not unreasonable that the line would take away the original OBC, as the passenger is no longer booked under the proper code to which that OBC applies. If a passenger were permitted to refare, perhaps more than once, and keep all of the accumulating OBC ... WOW! It wouldn't make for a good business decision on the lines' part.

Smart choice. You may be upgraded to a VD anyway as there are few VH cabins.

Not unusual with other cruise lines too. They give with one hand and take away with the other.

There was no OBC offered with the price change. My OBC with HAL was simply for using our FCD's. It seems the OBC with the TA was considered $100 they gave as an agreement with HAL and $50 from the TA. That's the $100 I would be penalized. Yep, the hand "tooketh" away! :( There are just too many loopholes to keep up with.

By the way, I said originally I was in a VH guar. but was actually in a VF guar.. The change would have been only 1 step up but would have given me the assurance that I wouldn't end up with solid steel verandah railings in the bow of the ship area. By the way, the ship is the Eurodam Nov. sailing.

Archived