What is Concierge Class

mcduck

We are thinking of booking two cabins on the Mercury for the 10 day Christmas cruise and are wondering:

1. What is concierge class, and is it worth the premium over a premium ocean view? Can not seem to find an explaination on the Celebrity web site.

2. Do the dividers on the balconies open? We would like to book two cabins, one for our daughter (17) and open the divider to create a connection. We have been able to do this on past HAL cruises on the Amsterdam and Westerdam.

The Celebrity site is currently showing the suites as sold out, but if one were available are they large enough for three rather than two cabins? We have typically booked two cabins and paid the single supplement as it works out about the same (at least with HAL), and you gain some privacy and two bathrooms.

Thanks.

mcduck

Here's the link to details of Mercury and the cabins. If you check both the boxes, you can compare the CC class with the Premium Ocean View and also click on a 360º view although I think this is a generic view of the slightly larger M-Class CC cabin:

http://www.celebrity.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do?shipCode=MR

1. It depends how much more CC is on your sailing. Cabins 1200, 1201, 1240 and 1241 have balconies about three times the size of the other CCs and I'd be willing to pay a bit more for one of those. If it is a lot more then I would have to think again.
  2. No, the dividers don't open.

Personally, having been in a suite, I think it is a bit tight for three of adult size. There is a sofa bed to accomodate the extra person, but that pretty well blocks the sliding doors to the balcony and you raise the point of still only having one bathroom. I'd go with the two cabin option.

Phil

Thanks Phil!

As the cabins are a bit smaller than the HAL ships we have been on, two veranda cabins it is - and with one bathroom for each of the ladies :) Since starting this thread, I have found a lot of useful info on this board about the CC class and the category upgrade seems to be a real bargain for what you receive in return.

Thanks again!

The other option and I'm not sure how much of a total price differential there would be from two veranda cabins, is a Sky Suite on deck 12 with the larger balcony (once again up to 3 times the size of an equivalent Sky Suite on deck 10, depending on the size of the cutouts some of these cabins have) and an inside on deck 12 for your daughter. The balconies on deck 12 are really huge and would easily accomodate three for breakfast out there if you wanted to. As I say, I'm not sure of the price difference, but it may be worth looking at. You'd have a butler too, but someone else to tip at the end.

Decisions, decisions! Great though, isn't it?:)

Phil

Archived