Does this itinerary work?

faroozi

Going to be in Barbedos on a Wed. and we will be in port from 8 am - 5 pm. My dh wants to see the Concorde and I want to swim with turtles. So we are planning on walking to Carlisle Bay and paying for a trip with Neville on his boat. It sounds like it is $20 per person and takes about 30 minutes to walk from port and you are on the boat for about an hour. And then 30 minutes to walk back.

Then we are thinking about heading back to the ship to change and eat lunch. We plan on being on the ship an hour to an hour and a half.

We then want to head back out and take the bus to the Concorde experience. I have seen seen several times from 10-30 minutes walking to the bus terminal. Anyone know how long it takes to walk there? It should be $1 per person to ride the bus, correct? And it looks like the bus ride might take an hour? Anyone know for sure? And then we will spend at least an hour at the exhibit and spend $20 a person. And then we hope to ride the bus back again unless we are running short on time. Anyone know which bus we would need to take to the Concorde exhibit and which one to take back to port?

Is this doable in our time frame and the way we want to do it? Is taking the bus in Barbedos fairly straight forward?

• 4 months later...

Because we don't want to mess with a car rental. It will cost more and be a hassle for just to get to the Concorde. We are walking to Carlisle and either bus or taxi to Concorde. Probably bus there and depending on time bus or taxi back. Which will be a lot cheaper than a car.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Just found your thread when I was searching on “Concorde” in the Barbados forum. Did you end up using the local bus system for your transportation? Did you go to the Concorde Experience?

We’ve picked out the places we would like to visit in Barbados, and are contemplating whether to try to use bus transportation or to hire a private tour guide/taxi. Thanks!

We walked to the beach and took the snorkel tour in Dec. Your timing sounds about right. We took a taxi back to the ship though--cheap and easy. I can't help you with the Concorde trip as we haven't done it.

The taxi back might save you a little time as your day sounds pretty packed.