Loved the Danube, now what to do next?

bobalink

If you want to see beautiful flowers along with the normal scenery it will be hard to beat a Tulips and Windmills type river cruise in the Spring. Several of the river cruise lines offer this type of cruise. We enjoyed our Uniworld Tulips and Windmills cruise and would highly recommend it.

Yes! That would be lovely.

Maybe someday when we are retired and can travel at that time of year.

For now, we can only vacation in July and August.

I must work all year to pay for my travel addiction.:)

Ok I will give my opinion. In 2007 we cruised with AMA on the Danube loved the itinerary but very disappointed in the food . This year we wanted to visit Paris and I researched the various cruise companies. Uniworld had the best itinerary for the places we wanted to visit. We were ecstatic and so pleased the best vacation ever. We spent three nights in Paris on our own. We took the TGV from Paris to Lyon to board the SS Royale Burgundy Provence. We stayed four additional nights in Aix Provence. (Post cruise)All planned and booked on our own.

After this great trip we booked Uniworld again for next June.. Castles on the Rhine. We are so excited love reading the forums with so much information. We are going to stay three nights pre cruise(Amsterdam) I haven't booked our hotel or airfare yet.

We are staying two nights post cruise with Uniworld a bit expensive but I didn't want the hassles of transfers my choice!

Ok I will give my opinion. In 2007 we cruised with AMA on the Danube loved the itinerary but very disappointed in the food . This year we wanted to visit Paris and I researched the various cruise companies. Uniworld had the best itinerary for the places we wanted to visit. We were ecstatic and so pleased the best vacation ever. We spent three nights in Paris on our own. We took the TGV from Paris to Lyon to board the SS Royale Burgundy Provence. We stayed four additional nights in Aix Provence. (Post cruise)All planned and booked on our own.

After this great trip we booked Uniworld again for next June.. Castles on the Rhine. We are so excited love reading the forums with so much information. We are going to stay three nights pre cruise(Amsterdam) I haven't booked our hotel or airfare yet.

We are staying two nights post cruise with Uniworld a bit expensive but I didn't want the hassles of transfers my choice!

It sounds like you have found a good fit with Uniworld. I love looking at their beautiful brochure / book. They give wonderful descriptions of the cruises, ports and excursions.

I may try Uniworld some day, too.

Have a great time on your Castles on the Rhine cruise. It looks lovely!

We did the Rhine on a Christmas Market Cruise (Uniworld) and want to go back when it is warmer.... We loved Rudesheim, and Strasbourg. DH loved Speyer as they have an amazing technology museum there so we spent part of the day there before walking the town (instead of going to Heidelberg....)

Have not traveled the Moselle yet - that is on our to-do list. But Paris --> there is so much to see, that an extra few days there can never be a bad thing. We are going back there again next year (Avalon Cruise).

We did the Seine with Uniworld as our 1st river cruise - and we were hooked.

Fran

Archived