Tour companies at the port in Halifax

We are going to be in Halifax on 9/25. I have never been north, we always cruise Caribbean:) At the ports there, they always have independent tour companies when you get off the ship. We were wanting to do a tour of Peggy's Cove. Does anyone know if there would be someone at the port offering this tour and if they are reliable. I have looked at several online companies, and they are booked for that day. Thanks!

We just picked up a taxi van that was part of the lineup outside the terminal doors. If I remember it was about $130 for 3-4 hours for up to 6 people which I thought was pretty reasonable. We got out to Peggy's cove a little before the busses which was nice also. By having a taxi we had someone with local info and still allowed us to stop anywhere we wanted as long as we wanted. A rental car would have been an option also but the comentary from the driver added to the experience and we learned a lot of things we wouldnt have known if we rented a car.

I was in Halifax in Mid August. The Maasdam was the only ship in port and we had prearranged with Halifax Cruise ship taxi tours. You will see lots of reviews of them on CC and tripadvisor. that's is how I decided to use them. They charge $50 / hr and we went on a 4.5 hr tour around Halifax, to Peggy's cove, Ryer's lobster, toured a bay, sugar shack, Peggy's house. It was an excellent tour and I would recommend them, don't know if you have already tried that one. The problem with your day in Halifax as you have found out is that are probably several ships in port, so the tour operators are overextended. You are way better off to try and book something now. There may not be any tour operators at the port when you get off due to the heavy demand.

I was in Halifax in Mid August. The Maasdam was the only ship in port and we had prearranged with Halifax Cruise ship taxi tours. You will see lots of reviews of them on CC and tripadvisor. that's is how I decided to use them. They charge $50 / hr and we went on a 4.5 hr tour around Halifax, to Peggy's cove, Ryer's lobster, toured a bay, sugar shack, Peggy's house. It was an excellent tour and I would recommend them, don't know if you have already tried that one. The problem with your day in Halifax as you have found out is that are probably several ships in port, so the tour operators are overextended. You are way better off to try and book something now. There may not be any tour operators at the port when you get off due to the heavy demand.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find them online. I actually tried to book with a few different one over 2 months ago and they were already booked! Last resort, I guess we could do the Carnival excursion, but I always try to book off the ship:)

We just returned from our cruise. We booked a tour with Halifaxtaxitours. You can find them on-line.

The cost for four of us was $50.00 an hour. It was money well spent. Our stops included Peggy's Cove and Titanic Grave yard, plus a nice city tour, and the driver pulled over at several locations for us to get pictures.

If we return to Halifax, we would definitely use them again.

Archived