Allure Central Park balcony cabin #12247

petesweet

Normally I do not concern myself about where my cabin is located as long as there are cabins on the deck below me and the deck above me. However, for the first time I am going to be in a balcony cabin (Central Park) and WAY HIGH UP. (And it may not be too late to change.)

If anyone would care to comment about this location, I would appreciate it.

Also, I tried to search but could not find the answer: Where are the "secret balconies." I will be very close as far as deck number; however, I might have to walk a few miles:) in one direction or another. Just curious.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Kathy

Normally I do not concern myself about where my cabin is located as long as there are cabins on the deck below me and the deck above me. However, for the first time I am going to be in a balcony cabin (Central Park) and WAY HIGH UP. (And it may not be too late to change.)

If anyone would care to comment about this location, I would appreciate it.

Also, I tried to search but could not find the answer: Where are the "secret balconies." I will be very close as far as deck number; however, I might have to walk a few miles:) in one direction or another. Just curious.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Kathy

You will enjoy your Central Park balcony cabin, quiet too! We were on the 12th floor two years ago in a Central Park, no problems at all. As for the secret balcony, I know there is one on deck 11, but it is on the Boardwalk side, so there is a bit of a walk, but I am sure you will have no problem with getting there. BTW - it's not so much of a secret anymore, I hear it's getting crowded out there more so then not.

Hope you have a fun cruise.

You may not be as way high up as you think. Central Park is on Deck 7, if memory serves, so you are only five floors above, not 12 floors above.

What I meant was way high up on the ship. Don't believe I have ever been above deck 9 before.

Since I like breakfast in the Solarium, and since I always take the stairs, I thought this might be a nice change.:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

Edited by petesweet

• 2 years later...

I've never had the central park cabins but I did have an oceanview on deck 12 twice. Probably close to you (12552 is what I had most recently). I never heard noise from the pool deck. It was nice being right near the solarium, but anything in the back of the ship was a bit of a hike. I personally liked being at deck 12. we were only a few decks above central park and only a few below the pool deck. it made it very easy to get places.

As for the "secret balconies" they were removed during the dry dock last year. You might still have one on deck 7 but the ones on 11, 12 and 14 are now cabins. They were basically above the Aqua Theater Suites so at the very ed of the hallways.

I've never had the central park cabins but I did have an oceanview on deck 12 twice. Probably close to you (12552 is what I had most recently). I never heard noise from the pool deck. It was nice being right near the solarium, but anything in the back of the ship was a bit of a hike. I personally liked being at deck 12. we were only a few decks above central park and only a few below the pool deck. it made it very easy to get places.

As for the "secret balconies" they were removed during the dry dock last year. You might still have one on deck 7 but the ones on 11, 12 and 14 are now cabins. They were basically above the Aqua Theater Suites so at the very ed of the hallways.

You are responding to questions from three+ years ago. :)

I was in 12251 in Oct. 15 and it's a short walk to the stairs or elevators. The only issue was during the day there is a lot of noise from the kids pool on deck 15. There is no deck 13 so you are two decks below the pool.

I was in 12251 in Oct. 15 and it's a short walk to the stairs or elevators. The only issue was during the day there is a lot of noise from the kids pool on deck 15. There is no deck 13 so you are two decks below the pool.

My error, I was on the Oasis but Allure should be similar. Central Park is on deck 8.

You will enjoy your Central Park balcony cabin, quiet too! We were on the 12th floor two years ago in a Central Park, no problems at all. As for the secret balcony, I know there is one on deck 11, but it is on the Boardwalk side, so there is a bit of a walk, but I am sure you will have no problem with getting there. BTW - it's not so much of a secret anymore, I hear it's getting crowded out there more so then not.

Hope you have a fun cruise.

Please forgive me in advance, I want to stay "on topic" but you mentioned something in your post that my wife and I are not familiar with ... we are not familiar with "the secret balcony".

We haven't cruised in six years, prior to the Oasis class of ships were released, so we're really curious what this "secret" is all about.

Thanks,

Michael

Please forgive me in advance, I want to stay "on topic" but you mentioned something in your post that my wife and I are not familiar with ... we are not familiar with "the secret balcony".

We haven't cruised in six years, prior to the Oasis class of ships were released, so we're really curious what this "secret" is all about.

Thanks,

Michael

You do not need to be concerned about this any more as they were removed. They were on decks 11, 12 and 14 at the aft of the ship. They were not very well known but were public and had a great view of the Aqua Theater. From what I hear they were really nice, but I never found them before they turned into suites.