Breakaway stepped out balcony

Mooguy

Has anyone stayed in one of the cabins where it steps out from the cabins forward? Seems like you might have a little better view looking forward I just used the cabins on deck 14 as an example but there are others on the lower decks. ImageUploadedByForums1378676927.025550.jpg.a39814008bf813d6b7bf846c5f0414b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I did. I was in 13236 on the Breakaway. This one "faces" the stern, not the bow though.

It is had to tell which cabin you are considering based on your image. It is the cabin on the angle that has the best opportunity for a view and it looks like your red arrow might be pointed to the next cabin in line which would only have the standard side view.

I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.

I am in 14752 on our Getaway cruise with you.

Looks to me like if I am standing at the railing looking ahead I won't see the people as much as I will towards the aft.

Not sure what people you might be trying to view...

You should know that 14752 is a standard side-facing balcony. It would be 14750 that has the larger angled balcony that allows for the forward view.

You should also be aware that Deck 15 overhangs Deck 14 which will impede your view above.

Not sure what people you might be trying to view...

You should know that 14752 is a standard side-facing balcony. It would be 14750 that has the larger angled balcony that allows for the forward view.

You should also be aware that Deck 15 overhangs Deck 14 which will impede your view above.

If I look towards the back I am going to see a railing & people standing at their balconies, looking forward I should see the railing curve inward somewhat and not see the people standing at their railing unless I lean over & look back towards the ship. Maybe it's not as drastic as it looks on the deck plans.

I see nothing wrong with the above deck over hanging as I ten to look at the sea more then the sky.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Has anyone stayed in one of the cabins where it steps out from the cabins forward? Seems like you might have a little better view looking forward I just used the cabins on deck 14 as an example but there are others on the lower decks. [ATTACH]285805[/ATTACH]

I was in one of those exact cabins. Previous posters are correct that the larger balcony with even less obstructed forward views would be one cabin forward. We did have a slightly better view forward than back, but not something I really thought about until you mentioned it. Unless you really want the larger bathroom in the mini-suite, and that is the only difference between the 2 cabins, I would choose the next cabin forward for the larger balcony if I had it to do over again. If you plan to use the balcony very much, the standard ones on Breakaway are very small.

I was in one of those exact cabins. Previous posters are correct that the larger balcony with even less obstructed forward views would be one cabin forward. We did have a slightly better view forward than back, but not something I really thought about until you mentioned it. Unless you really want the larger bathroom in the mini-suite, and that is the only difference between the 2 cabins, I would choose the next cabin forward for the larger balcony if I had it to do over again. If you plan to use the balcony very much, the standard ones on Breakaway are very small.

Well it's a spa cabin, looking forward to taking advantage of that while on board. We got bumped off the 2/1 cruise & got this cabin for same price as we had balcony on 2/1.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If I look towards the back I am going to see a railing & people standing at their balconies, looking forward I should see the railing curve inward somewhat and not see the people standing at their railing unless I lean over & look back towards the ship. Maybe it's not as drastic as it looks on the deck plans.

I see nothing wrong with the above deck over hanging as I ten to look at the sea more then the sky.

Looking forward you will see even more of the people standing at their railings as you will have a slight angle allowing you to see a little bit into their balconies, instead of just straight along the rail.

Remember that deck 14 is directly below the pool deck. You may have some extra noise from up there.

Edited by OceanBlue123

Well it's a spa cabin, looking forward to taking advantage of that while on board. We got bumped off the 2/1 cruise & got this cabin for same price as we had balcony on 2/1.

Why did you get bumped off the 2/1 cruise?

Was told it was charterd for Superbowl.

Does anybody have any pics of one of the stepped out balconies to compare to a regular balcony? Some have called the balconies "small"...are they smaller than the Pearl balconies?

Sent from my LGL55C using Forums mobile app

Does anybody have any pics of one of the stepped out balconies to compare to a regular balcony? Some have called the balconies "small"...are they smaller than the Pearl balconies?

The mini-suite balconies are just as ridiculously small as the regular balconies. Only the one built on the angle is larger.

I have cabin #14750 (spa Balcony) booked on the Breakaway sailing Dec. 1st, I will be sure to take a lot of pics. 82 days to go!:D

Looking forward to the pics. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Check out threads on Angled Balcony. Bet you find a photo. You definitely want an angled balcony if you can get one. We had one on the Epic and loved it. We've booked 13836 on the Breakaway. The larger side of the balcony faces aft. Seems to be if it faces forward, you will get more wind at sea.

Does this help?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Click on the Visual Aid link for pictures. Don't know if the triangle balcony is shown.

Wow - that was really neat. It was very helpful! Thank you!

I will be in cabin 13836 on the Breakaway this Sunday, upgraded last week and this is what we were assigned. I will post pictures for everyone when we get back.

Oh, good. Please let us know if you can see the fireworks from the balcony.

Another poster thinks the angled balcony loses privacy. We didn't find this at all on the Epic. The extra space allows a lounger or two. Our steward brought one -- didn't think to ask for two!

Oh, good. Please let us know if you can see the fireworks from the balcony.

Another poster thinks the angled balcony loses privacy. We didn't find this at all on the Epic. The extra space allows a lounger or two. Our steward brought one -- didn't think to ask for two!

I don't think these corner balconies are large enough to put a lounger or two on the Breakaway. I believe the pie-shaped space is smaller on the Breakaway than the Epic.

• 2 months later...
I have cabin #14750 (spa Balcony) booked on the Breakaway sailing Dec. 1st, I will be sure to take a lot of pics. 82 days to go!:D

Have lots of fun on your cruise and don't forget about taking lots of pictures of this room. It will be my room in 4 months. Would love to know what you think about the noise and the overhang.