door decorating

214fingerman214

I love decorating our door; it gives me something to plan and work on while I'm counting the days until sail away!!!

We use the Command products and they work very well. The best part is that clean-up is so easy. I'm afraid of scotch tape, because at work I always seem to be picking it off the door or scraping it.

We've never had a problem with vandalism, but just don't make it anything that is costly, irreplaceable... you know what I mean! Just have some fun.

Happy sailing everyone!!

We always decorate our cabin door on our cruises....we usually go with a Holiday theme. Our last theme was "Our Road to Platinum" which had pictures of all the different ships we had been on with the dates and where the ship went

i like that, i always decorate for the ports we are going to, i cut out pics of us on previous cruises at the bars and things, i love to decorate. on our magic TA cruise i won first place in the contest :)

have fun decorating and go Cowboys.

we have decorated our door in the past with a garden flag representing the "Huskers". This year I used a wooden "N" and super glued a wooden football and used stickers to spell "Huskers" on it. I am going to hang it with long ribbon and it will be taped on the inside of the door. knock on wood....I have never had a problem with our door decoration being stolen or torn. :)

We decorate every cruise. We use the tacky strips like play doh. We also decorate with beads and last year we even blew up balloons for Mardi Gras in our room. At the top of your wall they have light strips with small triangle slots, the balloons slide down into very nicely!!! It looked great and we hung beads on the balloons!!!

485240_4372463358571_1381582662_n.jpg.1767703db97c82022ffa6306b82d0ef1.jpg

044.jpg.28cc11514936d5535bc54999d10b39df.jpg

I also decorate my door every cruise. We use gell clings and removable/restickable stickers. Some of my Carnival doors have been metal, some not, so I don't plan for magnets.

One of my stickers is the dry erase board. We use it so our friends in other cabins can keep up with where we are. (everyone writes on their own door when the leave where they're headed if they'd like to be found. If someone comes looking at their room, they no where to go if looking to find them.) has worked great every trip!

I have caught kids, and even employees playing with my door decorations. Usually I write on a seperate sticker "you can play with my decorations, but please don't take take them until the last night of the cruise". Most of the time I don't even have to take them down - they stay up all week, and then the kids take them down for me :)

We had a group of kids on our last cruise that thought it would be fun to take decorations from one door and put it on someone elses door!! When we came back from dinner one night, we tried like heck to get into the cabin with our decorations on it just to find out it was not our cabin!! LOL

Yes...we took our decorations back to our door and they were not moved again. But we heard lots of stories on our excursions and at the bar that other people had experienced the same thing!

I'm sure the kiddos got a good laugh....no harm done! :D

Too funny, I imagine you still get a laugh out of it.

Oh honey that is a great idea I like the idea so much that when I ride the magic in the fall i am goin to decorate my door so everyone can find my room and i think that will be so swell thank you God bless

So were going on the Carnival Triumph in April 2014. So my girl and I where reading about people decorating their cabin doors, and my girl is a big DALLAS COWBOY fan and I wanted to decorate the door for her... Is this allowed? And what could i use to hold up decoration, (eaxmple ) thumb tacks .or tape,or magnet..

I use the ticky-tack stuff that dorms require. It's like play doh. You roll it up in little balls and press it between the door and decorations. When you remove it, you roll it all up and save it for the next cruise.

We have used that and scotch tape. Both come off fine.

To the OP, you may decorate your door with football, basketball, or synchronized swimming! It's nobody's business if its not football season!

Who cares??? UGGGHHHH! Some people! If you or your girl are Cowboys fans and want to decorate your door as such, I say "GO FOR IT!"

I decorate my door every cruise. It makes it easy to find your cabin on those long hallways. FYI, ...If you have a balcony, please make sure that your cabin door stays closed while you are opening your balcony door. The air rushing into the cabin will rip your beautiful decorations right off the door.

Learned that last cruise.:eek:

Happy Cruising, and decorating!:)

That's what I used also. I bought some in May at Walmart in the hardware section with the glues and adhesives. GO FOR IT!! It's fun! Ignore the elite class and do what you want. BTW, to the poster saying why do that when it isn't football season....don't watch much football do ya? The 49ers beat the Packers last night, I watched it. ;)

Right on!

And the Cowboys beat the Giants! :D

IMG_4232.jpg.94e84a9fd4755d7897444b42a0525e37.jpg This was last years door from our 1st Doodle cruise (dog group). Well be sailing Freedom in October and yes we'll all be door decorating again and we are all adults - lol. People loved it and would stop and talk to us about the doodles. The staff loved it too! Decorate and have fun!!!!

I use the ticky-tack stuff that dorms require. It's like play doh. You roll it up in little balls and press it between the door and decorations. When you remove it, you roll it all up and save it for the next cruise.

I just used this & didnt think to save it :(

My door on the Pride cruise last week....

sjoSSR957oNB7HEHW9EOj-0ciFqZsQuCY6JzVhb01tM=w258-h193-p-no

This is what I did for a Thanksgiving cruise in 2010. I use the red and blue pieces on each cruise, but now have another center white piece that has a dive photo in the middle and sea critters and stuff around it. I change the garland for each cruise to tie it into the closest holiday. Our next cruise starts the day after Valentine's Day, so I'll get a garland of red hearts for it. I use the command strips to stick everything because they are easy to remove and cause no damage.

128.JPG

129.JPG

Hi there. Usually people decorate their doors to celebrate groups that they're cruising with (so they can find each other) or a special occasion such as a marriage. I'm not sure how decorating a door with a team when it's not even football season would make sense. Maybe you are both caught up in opening weekend and the fancy will pass.

Carnival will decorate the room for her if you are interested in a Bon Voyage theme room. Please check out the room decorations on the Carnival website. I think it's only $35 and they do a really nice job. It is thoughtful and she will never forget it. Plus, she can take the decorations home. I hope you do something sweet for your girl. She seems very lucky, Tracy.

I've heard of people doing it so they can find their room after lots of drinking :D lol.