WWYD? FLL? Miami

canuckof5

We can fly into FLL for about $600.00 cheaper than Miami airport..

So if we get a Hotel in FLL..how much would cab fare cost to get us to Maimi pier?

Plus we are staying post Cruise as well....

Just wondering if the diff. in price will be worth it if we have to use cab fare to get to the Pier and back and also from the airport to the Hotel? both ways as well...

and the Hotel we are looking at only has free shuttle to the Everglades pier..

Any help would be GREAT :)

FYI: Never been to Florida

We had the same deal last year when we sailed on the Navigator, we booked a limo for our family. We booked a hotel that would pick us up at the FLL airport and had the limo pick us up the next morning from the hotel to take us to Miami Port. Then had the limo pick us up after the cruise to take us back to FLL airport.

We used Larrys Limo and had a very good experience with them. We did book a strech Limo but they also have town cars. I beleive we paid $100 each way (incl tip) our kids loved having the ride in the limo and drinking a soda along the way...

Bev

www.floridalimo.com. (TriCounty Express) It's $17 from FLL to the Port of Miami and since you don't need reservations,you don't have to worry about rushing to catch your transport or worrying about your flight getting delayed. You just go to the kiosk curbside and are on your way in under 30 minutes. ;)

www.floridalimo.com. (TriCounty Express) It's $17 from FLL to the Port of Miami and since you don't need reservations,you don't have to worry about rushing to catch your transport or worrying about your flight getting delayed. You just go to the kiosk curbside and are on your way in under 30 minutes. ;)

Ok we also booked a Hotel near Miami airport for post Cruise..so I think I will cancel it, now do you have any suggestions for a Hotel for us in FLL??

We are a party of 5..but I would like only 1 room...

Any idea how Embassy Suites is in FLL?? or do you suggest any others?

TIA

:)

We are a party of 5..but I would like only 1 room...

Any idea how Embassy Suites is in FLL?? or do you suggest any others?

TIA :)

One room for a party of five....Embassy Suites FLL would be perfect for you. It's a beautiful property in a great location. Go for it. ;)

We too are flying onto fll and sailing from miami. For the money we saved I booked two rooms from priceline for miami beach. We are staying at the 4 point Sheraton on the beach for 2 nights at 60 per night per room. The internet rate for the time we will be there is 139. We are renting a mini van for 65. per day. When we return the van they will shuttle us to the pier.There is not much to do downtown in miami so we wanted to stay by the beach and still be able to go to the bayside market place.

To save money, we also opted to fly into FLL even with sailing out of Miami. What we're doing is flying in, then taking the Tricounty Airport Express to the Baymont Inns and Suites in Miami ($17 pp to the hotel from FLL airport), and then the next morning, the hotel offers a nice BIG hot breakfast buffet and free transportation to the port. I've also read a lot of NICE reviews about that hotel. The Baymont room we booked a rate of $55.

• 2 weeks later...

Need help with Baymont Inns and Suites in Miami - which one??? I went to the website and there seem to be 5 in the area. We, too, would like to fly into FLL, but leave out of the port of Miami. I assume staying overnite in Miami would be a better bet to get to the port early the next day. Thanks!

We, too, would like to fly into FLL, but leave out of the port of Miami. I assume staying overnite in Miami would be a better bet to get to the port early the next day. Thanks!

I don't really think there is any advantage to staying over in Miami instead of the Ft. Lauderdale area. Generally, you can't board the ship till around noon so there's no rush to get there. If you decide to stay closer to the airport, I would suggest ing just south of the airport in Hollywood or Dania. A few hotels with airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast are the Days Inn (Hollywood), La Quinta (Hollywood), and Springhill Suites (Dania). All of these hotels have been reviewed and discussed in other threads. La Quinta has received good reviews on trip advisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34296-Hollywood_Florida-Hotels.html These hotels are all right off I95 which is the highway you'll take to get to the Port of Miami. My feeling is that you'll probably get a better value at these places than in Miami. Plus I wouldn't feel like spending a half hour driving after my flight. I would rather start out fresh in the morning. But that's just me.

The Baymont that we had reserved was on LeJuene Road. We had a rate of $55.

We still have that reservation, but if you're willing.....try Priceline and bid $50 for a 4 star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Airport and Downtown areas. We got the Sheraton for $50 and they have free transportation to/from the airport and then you could just use Carnival's transportation to get to/from the cruise port.

Just a suggestion!!!

Archived