Viking's Passage to Eastern Europe question

Sparky333

Can anyone who has taken it give me an idea how much walking we'll be doing on the daily excursions?

Also, I've read about how others have handled the need to have so many different currencies but I'm still a little bit confused. If, we wanted to get the local currency and looked for an ATM I wouldn't want to hold up the group if we're in the middle of a tour....and can't imagine a huge group all lining up to do that. Maybe we'll have enough free time on our own in different ports to do that.

If we only needed the local currency for tipping a local guide or bus driver and didn't have the chance to go to an ATM will euros be okay? I know the best answer is to tip in their currency but if that ended up not being an option I guess they wouldn't turn down euros.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Hi -

There can be quite a bit of walking - and the ground can be very uneven. We did comment on how poor the walkways are the further east you go (i.e.: if there are problems with steps or walkways, there often is not the money to repair aging infrastructure....)

We tipped in Euros along the way - and the guides were quite happy about that.

To be honest, didn't buy a lot - do didn't need lots of local currencies. We bought RON for Bucharest, and Forints for Hungary. I know we did have others, but can't remember off the top of my head. I know that I did post when I started a thread on this itinerary.

ATMs are easy to find, and you should have time after your included excursions to get some cash out if desired. You won't hold up the group that way.

Fran

Thanks, Fran. Sounds like sneakers are the way to go, shoe-wise.

We leave in a few weeks -have to get ready to start the dreaded packing. Footwear is always part of the dilemma for me :rolleyes:

It's good to know euros will be ok to tip with and also ATMs will be an easy option.

Archived