What deck do you embark on the conquest

pmcantrll

I have not been on the Conquest but on other ships where I have travelled on the same ship multiple times I have embarked on different decks. From what I have been told it depends on the tides meaning that if the tide is higher and the embarkation ramp would be a too steep of an angle for embarking on the normal deck they will run embarkation out of a lower deck. I have experienced this on the Disney Wonder where at the same port I have embarked on Deck 3 sometimes and Deck 4 others. It depended on the tide. In fact in one case during embarkation they moved the embarkation point from deck 4 to deck3 as the ramp angle became steep.

Jim

I have not been on the Conquest but on other ships where I have travelled on the same ship multiple times I have embarked on different decks. From what I have been told it depends on the tides meaning that if the tide is higher and the embarkation ramp would be a too steep of an angle for embarking on the normal deck they will run embarkation out of a lower deck. I have experienced this on the Disney Wonder where at the same port I have embarked on Deck 3 sometimes and Deck 4 others. It depended on the tide. In fact in one case during embarkation they moved the embarkation point from deck 4 to deck3 as the ramp angle became steep.

Jim

I've experienced the changing of decks when in port but not for beginning or ending a cruise. Most ships will have passenger embark thru the lobby for the WOW! factor.

The only ship we have been on that first day embark was thru a lower level was in San Diego on the Elation.

For ports of call it is usually one of the lower decks.

just curious, does it make a difference? :)

Every time I see one of these threads, that's exactly what I wonder.

If you can go straight to your cabin, why does it matter? And if you cannot go straight to your cabin and have to wander around, does that make a difference? :confused:

Fantasy seems to alternate whether you board at the Lobby or down on the deck below Riviera where you disembark when in pork. No idea why. Maybe having the "jetway" up to Lobby when its is really windy (as it often seems to be in Charleston) makes a difference. Who knows.

But OP, if you're out there, please explain why it would make a difference?

That may be the case at small or foreign ports but when leaving from any of the major US ports the condition of the tides does not affect the embarkation level. Its always the lobby. The major cruise terminals always have a series of ramps you must traverse to travel from the terminal to the ship. The lower the tide, the longer the walk since they NEVER excede a certain amount of incline.

In island ports of call or when tendering they use whichever entry is safest and most compatible with the tide.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Forums mobile app

At the embark port they have a elevated ramp that can compensate for the tides, so you always board on deck 3 into the lobby area. Its part of the wow factor.

On the Conquest class ships, there are no cabins on deck 3. You can also not walk aft on deck 3 due to the galley being there. Since the cabins are not available (fire doors closed) you would not typically be able to walk aft on deck 2 But with the faster to the fun program, that may have changed. You may be able to do so now. They typically tell you to proceed up the forward elevators to the Lido deck (assuming you don't have FTTF) but we will walk up the lobby staircase 2 decks to deck 5 (promenade deck) and you can walk the length of the ship on that deck. Go to the midship elevator bank as it will be less crowded and then go up to lido from there ... or you can hang out on deck 5 if you wish but there typically isn't anything open.

I hope that answers the question

Archived