Enchantment of the Seas Review with pics!!

tdmullins

Your review is awesome! I can't wait to read more. We just booked this ship for a Christmas cruise, so I'm very anxious to see more of your review. Quick question, what was the cost for the cabana? Thank you in advance!

The cost of the cabana was $200. We had six people in and out of it all day. It was worth every penny in my opinion.

I love your review! Thank you...we will be on next Friday!

Loving the review! I'm boarding Enchantment on September 23rd for the first time, and this is just really making me more excited (assuming Hurricane Humberto doesn't decide to visit)

Thanks!

I am very jealous of both of you guys right now! You will love it and I hope the weather is as perfect for both of you as it was for us.

We then went on a hunt for forward balconies. When we were on one of the top balconies we could see a lower balcony. It looked like it was maybe deck five. So we were on a mission to find it but it seemed like there was a door that would say crew only every where we tried. It was also very weird to us that every where we went was dead!

The empty Spotlight lounge.

1185387_10150304099019971_930845832_n.jpg

I later found out everyone was pretty well up on deck 11 at the Viking Crown Lounge dancing the night away. But Boleros, The Schooner bar and the Spotlight lounge were ghost towns.

We never did find the deck, but later on in the cruise Tabor told us that him and Loren had found it.

We ended up back in the room ordering late night snacks from room service and enjoying the wonderful balcony. Not a bad way to end the night at all if you ask me.

Now some information on room service. It always took them 45 minutes to deliver it, no matter what was ordered. We ordered just coffee and juice once, and it still took 45 minutes. No big deal, we were never in a hurry. The food was always good and hot when it got to us. Also it is stated on the menu that there is a charge for room service after midnight, but there was not any charges on my final bill. It was also funny because the waiter would always want to bring our food in and set the table. It was just impossible with our bed configuration,and getting to the balcony with all the stuff was out of the question. I would just tell them to set it down and not worry about it. They always seemed to stress out because of this. I always tipped them good and assured them that I was happy with their service.

Man I love room service! I am sitting here writing this wishing I could order up some right now! But I will just have to wait to March I guess.

I admit I'm a little worried about Hurricane Humberto out there. I hope he fades away and never makes it this far. :eek:

For your sake I hope it does too! I watched the forecast everyday, and then a threat popped up in the Atlantic. Thankfully it veered off and faded away. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

We're thinking of booking Enchantment for a last-minute getaway so I'm soaking up your review and pictures.

Did they have escargot at dinner? It seems to come and go.

No escargot. Our menus in the room listed it, but when we got to the MDR it was substituted with the bay scallop gratin every night.

Great pictures! Can't wait to see more. Just curious, how much was parking at the port?

Parking was $75 for a four night cruise. I think I have read where there are cheaper places to park and they will shuttle you to the port. But honestly I didnt even look into it. Since I had 5 other people to keep up with and 4 of them new cruisers I wanted to utilize the parking right at the terminal.

I checked the Cruise Compass the night before and found out that the MDR would close at 9 the next morning. We are not early morning people. So I knew I would not be ordering any room service for breakfast today. I ran up to the windjammer again and grabbed some goodies to eat in the room like I did the morning before. I had only grabbed a few things to nibble on, so when Shane and Brian showed up at room at 10:30 wanting breakfast, Tony and I joined them. And Boy was it crowded!!!!!!!

I had actually thought a lot of people would have been off of the ship by then. But it was almost as crazy as embarkation day. I finally found us a table but had to clean it myself because the wait staff was crazily overwhelmed. As I was sitting there eating I started wondering to myself if the craziness of the windjammer could be from the fact that the ship was enlarged? My thoughts were if the windjammer was designed for the original amount of staterooms could the fact that there are now more people needing to eat causing the windjammer not to run as efficiently? But then when we left I noticed that the buffets lines weren't nearly as busy. So I guess I just picked the same time everyone else decided to eat too. But the windjammer did always seem to be buzzing and always busy when I was there for breakfast. And I am sure with the MDR closing at 9 that morning had a little to do with it also.

The only thing I had pre-planned for that day was a dolphin interaction excursion at Atlantis for Loren and I at 3:30. Around noon a few us left the ship to do some shopping. (technically everyone but Tabor)

My camera fogged up on my first picture off of the ship

P1020534.jpg

The ships in port that day.

P1020535.jpg

The Enchantment, a Carnival ship, and two Norwegian ships.

We spent an hour or two shopping and picking up some souvenirs. I went into the Hard Rock to get my guitar pin I try to get in every new city I visit, and then a couple of other shops along the way to the straw market. We didn't spend a lot of time at the straw market because it was just so hot and stuffy there. No AC and no breeze at all. I did pick up a beach towel while there.

On our way back to the ship Brian discovered he had lost his sea pass card. I freaked. I wasn't sure what was going to happen or what he would have to do. The security ushered us through and told Brian where he needed to go. We waited for him for a little while but then decided that we had no idea how long it would take him, or where they would even take him to. We headed back to the ship. As we were standing in line waiting to get back onto the ship, Brian walked up. At this point they used his passport and checked a manifest for his name. They let him on through and told him to go to guest services and get a new one made. He said that they basically did the same thing back at the terminal and that he would have been through sooner but they couldn't find the manifest for the Enchantment. Another one had to be brought to them. I knew that you could get another one made if you lost it on the ship but I had no idea what would happen if it was lost outside of the ship. It ended up not being as big of a deal as I had expected it to.

Once back on the ship, we decided to check out Shane and Brian's room.

A little history on their room and me booking it. I had originally booked them in a large inside room. I am one of those that checks the prices of our cruise two or three times a day. A month before we sailed an outside guarantee popped up for only $10 more than what the guys had paid. So I called Royal Caribbean and asked to be upgraded. I was told that I couldn't switch to a guarantee if I was already booked. Well, I knew better because I am a cruise critic member dang it! I even came back here and asked everyone just to make sure. So after a couple a days I called back. I didn't ask, I told them I wanted to upgrade.(some advice that I was given on here.) The guy was like no problem, but then he tried to talk me out of it. He told me that I wouldn't be able to pick my room that they would. I told him I understood what guarantee meant. He then proceeded to give me an example of a man with allergies that was giving a room over central park and he was miserable. I told him that I didn't think that would be a problem since we were sailing on the Enchantment and I was pretty sure they didn't have a park. He then proceeded to tell me about a couple who was placed beside of their in laws and was not happy. I replied," Not a problem, my family gets along very well and would love to be placed next to each other." He then went on to tell me, "you know that it could have some kind of obstruction." My reply was, “I figure for $10 a person, its worth having a window with an obstruction than no window at all.” All he said was “good point” then upgraded the room.

Around the last week of August they assigned the room. They ended up with room 2018. It was in the forward part of the ship, where it starts to curve. So the hallway looked like this.

P1020537.jpg

The window had a large area to sit in front of it. This is me sitting in their window enjoying how close they were to the water.

P1020538.jpg

Me taking a picture of the room from the window while everyone else checked out their room.

P1020540.jpg

Bummer!! :(

How about those after dinner shots? Did they have those? I loved them on Jewel of the Seas.

You know I forgot all about those, and didn't think to ask. I ate so much for dinner that I was afraid they were going to have to roll me out of there afterwards. So they never crossed my mind.

Their bathroom was definitely on the small side.

P1020541.jpg

I couldn't imagine how much they had to fight with that shower curtain. We had a fairly large shower/tub combo in our room and I fought constantly with it!

But it was nice.

P1020542.jpg

It was cozy. Maybe a little cramped for two big guys. But for under $500 a person, they loved it. They were just so happy to be on the ship it didnt matter to them if they had to sleep in storage somewhere. Shane did mention that he would love to spend more and maybe get a balcony next time after seeing our balcony. They will definitely spoil a person!

Thanks so much for the review - looking forward to the rest. We love your pictures.

We'll be on Enchantment on October 21st for the first time since 2001, and it will be interesting to see how stretching the ship has changed it.

Thanks for helping build our anticipation. To me anticipation is an important part of cruising!

I admit I'm a little worried about Hurricane Humberto out there. I hope he fades away and never makes it this far. :eek:

We are sailing Next Friday as well and as far as the storm it is going to stay far away from us. They are not expecting it to move west it is moving toward the north and come no where close to us.

Awesome review. Can't wait for our 3 night coming up!

Thanks! Have fun!

Thanks so much for the review - looking forward to the rest. We love your pictures.

We'll be on Enchantment on October 21st for the first time since 2001, and it will be interesting to see how stretching the ship has changed it.

Thanks for helping build our anticipation. To me anticipation is an important part of cruising!

I have always said the anticipation is part of the trip! Reading and researching is so much fun!

Wow!!! Your photos are giving me a feeling of deja vu! Was just on Enchantment in May, and had cabana #4 in Coco Cay. You took some beautiful pics, thanks so much for sharing and taking me back down memory lane...:)

Thanks! I love reading reviews before I cruise a ship, and then after to relive those memories!

Thanks! I love reading reviews before I cruise a ship, and then after to relive those memories!

Question....

Maybe I missed it, but which suite were you in on Enchantment? It had to have been higher than a Jr Suite to get Concierge service to book your cabana. I was only in the Panoramic Oceanview, and got cabana #4 by pure luck of the draw on embarkation day! LOL

Question....

Maybe I missed it, but which suite were you in on Enchantment? It had to have been higher than a Jr Suite to get Concierge service to book your cabana. I was only in the Panoramic Oceanview, and got cabana #4 by pure luck of the draw on embarkation day! LOL

I was in Grand Suite 8540. I had originally asked for #4, but I guess someone had beat me to it. But #1 actually worked out really good for us since we had six people coming and going all day.