Green Island Excursion

I was just on the RCI website and logged into My Cruises. I was checking the different excursions offered for my cruise and now they've added a GBR reef excursion out of Cairns! Seriously, it wasn't there last week. However, it's much more expensive than the one out of Airlie Beach. I guess things are forever changing with this cruise so I'll have to keep checking regularly!:rolleyes:

Terri just be careful with reef trips from cairns (not that is anything wrong with them) it is just risky as in on arrival day you are more than likely not to be there early enough, and to go on the 2nd day good chance you wont be back on time Unless it is a ships tour but there was none available when we were there but imho I would wait till Airlie beach

chester32 - Below is the excursion RCI added to the choices out of Cairns. I still like the GBR excursion out of Airle Beach better. I'm not worried about rough water as I'm not prone to motion sickness. Thanks for all you help.

I will probably continue lurking on this board as I have found it very enlightening!:D

This Great Barrier Reef experience is offered to cater to the more advanced snorkeler that would prefer to snorkel from the back of a purpose built reef vessel rather than a pontoon. Guests will visit two reef moorings on this full day exclusive charter allowing them the opportunity to experience the best the area and the daily conditions have to offer.

The day will include up to 4 hours of time in the water, a full Buffet Lunch, morning and afternoon tea as well as a lycra suit for each participant making it a perfect day for the more advanced reef enthusiast. This reef experience could not be any better utilizing the purpose built vessel accommodating a maximum of 100 guests adding to the exclusivity of the reef sights visited. Scuba diving is an optional extra for the divers in the group however it is best to pre book this onboard your cruise ship prior to the day of travel to ensure your tanks are in place and dive masters are ready to show you the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.

Important Notes:

-Please note this tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility or who are full time wheelchair users.

-It is advised that guests do not consume alcoholic beverages prior to any water activities and no responsibility is taken for participants that choose to consume alcohol prior to water activity.

-Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical conditions should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them. Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.

-The open water journey to and from the reef can lead to rough seas. If you are prone to motion sickness, please consider taking a seasickness tablet (1 hour prior to tour departure time).

-The Great Barrier Reef tour will operate in all kinds of weather conditions. Cancellation is at the discretion of the supplier for safety reasons. No compensation will be offered due to inclement weather, temperature of the Tropical climate or guests getting Sea Sick.

-Please do not bring valuable items such as jewelry as there are no security lockers available on the vessel.

Hi Terri

Have to admit If we had that trip available to us I think I would have gone with that one( not that is anything wrong with the Airlie beach one) ,main reason being less people more snorkel time and 2 different reef sites but also it would depend on cost but regardless of which one you go on you will love it , enjoy;)

Archived