Carnical Dream, Deck 9, Under Lido Pool and Restaurant Cabins

luvmy2kids

I'm currently booked in a cove which is a great location under the excursion desk. I have a chance to upgrade to Vista for no cost but the Vista cabins left are midship and aft. I'm worried about noise from above. We go to sleep late so that's not an issue.

The only reason I'm considering upgrading is convenience to Lido.

Anyone with experience?

I've read here that you can hear lots of chair scraping from above early in the morning. We usually get up early on port days to grab breakfast before we leave, but I didn't want to hear crazy loud scraping above me at 5:00 in the morning..lol..

Then again, I've been wanting to try a cove...so that's why I'm undecided.

I've been on vista two years in a row. Last year there was table/chair scraping. This year in room 9379 I had none. The tables above this room are not movable. Check the deck plans above. I love the extra shade on Vista for the balcony.

I've read here that you can hear lots of chair scraping from above early in the morning. We usually get up early on port days to grab breakfast before we leave, but I didn't want to hear crazy loud scraping above me at 5:00 in the morning..lol..

Then again, I've been wanting to try a cove...so that's why I'm undecided.

Stay with the cove, but check your location. I heard there's a galley above some. I loved my cove, the most problem I had was an unthoughtful neighbor and their door slam. There were kids next to us.

No worries about my current cove location as its below the excursion desk.

golden, which cabin were you in that you heard the chair/table scraping? 9379 is actually available. I was thinking of maybe 9357 which looks to be close to the elevators between the pool and the lido restaurant.

I like port side but there's only 9388 and 9396.

Starboard, there's 9357, 9361, 9367, 9375, 9379, 9391, 9395, and 9399.

I'm currently booked in a cove which is a great location under the excursion desk. I have a chance to upgrade to Vista for no cost but the Vista cabins left are midship and aft. I'm worried about noise from above. We go to sleep late so that's not an issue.

The only reason I'm considering upgrading is convenience to Lido.

Anyone with experience?

We had a cove in December and LOVED it! Even though you are on deck 2 it really is easy to get to the Lido deck for food and pool. Just walk to the mid ship elevators and take them up. They come out right in between buffet and pool area. A big convenience with the cove is when you get back on board for ports. Simply walk up one flight of stairs, no having to wait on crowded elevators.

Another thing to remember, on the Dream with deck 5 going completely around the boat and hot tubs extending out, most of the upper balconies do not offer privacy.

We had a cove in December and LOVED it! Even though you are on deck 2 it really is easy to get to the Lido deck for food and pool. Just walk to the mid ship elevators and take them up. They come out right in between buffet and pool area. A big convenience with the cove is when you get back on board for ports. Simply walk up one flight of stairs, no having to wait on crowded elevators.

Another thing to remember, on the Dream with deck 5 going completely around the boat and hot tubs extending out, most of the upper balconies do not offer privacy.

I agree. Keep the cove. We liked ours in April. I liked being that close to the water, liked the shade, and loved how easy it was to get to our cabin after returning from port or from a show. There are always long lines for the elevators at those times.

It is also nice to be able to get to the dining room for dinner without having to use the elevators when everyone else is trying to use them. I know you can use the stairs but on elegant evenings I prefer to not have to walk the stairs in heels.

I also had no problem getting an elevator up to Lido deck. Everyone isn't trying to use them at the same time.

Both cabins have their pluses. I just prefer the pluses of the cove.

Sharon

We've had cabins right below the Lido Deck more than once. I prefer it for the convenience of getting up top easily, particularly now that they have the Serenity Decks on most of the ships. We have heard some chair scraping noise, but never enough to mess with our sleep.

I agree. Keep the cove. We liked ours in April. I liked being that close to the water, liked the shade, and loved how easy it was to get to our cabin after returning from port or from a show. There are always long lines for the elevators at those times.

It is also nice to be able to get to the dining room for dinner without having to use the elevators when everyone else is trying to use them. I know you can use the stairs but on elegant evenings I prefer to not have to walk the stairs in heels.

I also had no problem getting an elevator up to Lido deck. Everyone isn't trying to use them at the same time.

Both cabins have their pluses. I just prefer the pluses of the cove.

Sharon

I thought the dining rooms were on 7? How do you get there otherwise? We're on the Dream in 30 days and would love to find any shortcuts we can that don't include the elevators all the time.

I was in 9345 this past August. I did not hear any outside sounds from my cabin. Additionally, I was fairly close to the stairs which made late night food runs convenient when I wanted to go up to the Gathering or up on deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought the dining rooms were on 7? How do you get there otherwise? We're on the Dream in 30 days and would love to find any shortcuts we can that don't include the elevators all the time.

The lower levels of the dining rooms are on deck 3 and the upper levels are on deck 4. On the Dream deck 7 is all cabins, including the suites.

Avoiding the elevators depends on where your cabin is. If you're in a cove like we were, we avoided the elevators during alot of the crowded times (getting on and off at the ports, dinner time, and after shows). For us we were usually up on the Lido deck during the day on Sea Days, but spent more time in the public areas on the lower decks in the evening. No way to avoid them completely but we liked avoiding them at peak times.

If you check out the deck plans you can see that you can get from the front to the aft on many of the decks. The big exception is Deck 3 which is blocked by the galley and the midship restaurant.

I like this site for seeing the deck plans because the have drag decks so you can see what is above you and below you by moving your deck over the other deck.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Under the Ship Menu click on Carnival then on the Dream. Then between the information about the ship and the stateroom categories there is an icon for the drag decks. It looks like this drag.gif. Click on it and it will open the deck deck plans.

Sharon

The lower levels of the dining rooms are on deck 3 and the upper levels are on deck 4. On the Dream deck 7 is all cabins, including the suites.

Avoiding the elevators depends on where your cabin is. If you're in a cove like we were, we avoided the elevators during alot of the crowded times (getting on and off at the ports, dinner time, and after shows). For us we were usually up on the Lido deck during the day on Sea Days, but spent more time in the public areas on the lower decks in the evening. No way to avoid them completely but we liked avoiding them at peak times.

If you check out the deck plans you can see that you can get from the front to the aft on many of the decks. The big exception is Deck 3 which is blocked by the galley and the midship restaurant.

I like this site for seeing the deck plans because the have drag decks so you can see what is above you and below you by moving your deck over the other deck.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Under the Ship Menu click on Carnival then on the Dream. Then between the information about the ship and the stateroom categories there is an icon for the drag decks. It looks like this drag.gif. Click on it and it will open the deck deck plans.

Sharon

Thanks so much for sharing and for that info!

Ten years ago, Carnival "upgraded" us to under the Lido deck. We already had a balcony- the upgrade was just higher on the ship. This is the last time I sailed on Carnival. 8 night exotic western on the Legend- 8 nights with no sleep. The noise from above (chairs scraping and carpet cleaning machine) started about 3am and continued until 6am. We were beyond exhausted and no amount of complaining helped. They told us they had to clean the resturant during those hours. We were offered 10% off of our next cruise if booked within a year. I would not even take the coupon when it was handed to me. It was really rough. We were very hesitant to book with Carnival again but we are sailing the Dream over Thanksgiving in a Cove Balcony. It took alot of arm twisting to get my DH to agree.

Archived