Looking for the ideal quiet beach spot!

jeanico

Hello all! My husband, adult daughter and I will be cruising on the Allure of the Seas in December and have decided we would like to make Cozumel a beach stop. We are not looking for all inclusives (we don't usually eat a lot at lunch, and we don't drink much either), or places with big party atmospheres or beach toys. Ideally, we would like to find a beautiful beach with lounge chairs and beach umbrellas or shady spots and clean bathrooms/changing rooms, an easy taxi ride from the pier, where we could spend a 1/2 day swimming and relaxing.

Your suggestions would be most appreciated! if you have links or photos to share, even better!

Thank you,

Nicole

Nachi Cocum. Hands DOWN - it's perfect for what you want. There's a limit of 100 people per day - so you'll want to reserve your spot ASAP. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

It's the only place I'll go to in Cozumel for the beach.... and while it IS all-inclusive - the price is very reasonable, esp. considering the guarantee of a sedate/uncrowded beach.

Nachi Cocum. Hands DOWN - it's perfect for what you want. There's a limit of 100 people per day - so you'll want to reserve your spot ASAP. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

It's the only place I'll go to in Cozumel for the beach.... and while it IS all-inclusive - the price is very reasonable, esp. considering the guarantee of a sedate/uncrowded beach.

I'll second Nachi. It is a gorgeous beach, about 15 minutes by taxi from the port. All drinks - alcoholic or not - are included, plus a four course meal. There's a great variety on the food, so you could find something. According to the foodies in my family, the salsa and guacamole are wonderful. Me, I think their flan is delish!

This place caters more to adults; no toys for the kids to play on. You can get a massage, rent a wave runner or go parasailing or take a snorkel tour - if you want or you can sit on the beach [or in the pool/hot tub] and very attentive waiters will bring drinks and food as you want.

Thank you both so much for your recommendation and prompt responses! However, unless someone is planning on eating/drinking, the entry price is steep. I would rather go somewhere nice, where we can simply order what we need and when we need it 'à la carte'.

Is there anywhere else, not AI, that you would recommend?

Albert's Beach further south (higher taxi cost) might fit the bill.

http://www.albertosbeachbar.com/

Or Playa Palancar next door to Albert's

No website but here's a youtube

Depending on the number of ships in with you, Playa Mia, in th esame area as nachi and other beaches can be relatively quiet if you stay away fromt he water toy areas.

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

Chen Rio. While normally the wild side if the island makes for tough beaches, this one has a little protected cove. There are tables in the sand and the food is good. You won't see too many cruise passengers here, but may see local families.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

on our last two cruises, Dec 2012 and Aug 2013, we went to the other side of the island to Punta Morena. I think it's a $30 cab fare, but it was worth it to us. Beautiful beach. Quiet and not crowded. They have a Facebook page and a website too, I think. They have a restaurant, hammocks, etc.

The Money Bar beach is very close to the piers, has a la carte pricing and good food, no admission, free chairs, clean bathrooms and showers, snorkeling. It does have a rocky entrance though so water shoes are good to have. There is also parasailing and wave runners there to rent.

Archived