Cave Tubing & Jungle Walk in Belize?

Tarpeian Rock

We're doing the Mayan Mystique in March, and have signed up for this excursion. Between the "very strenuous" rating and the description of the 2 hour cave tubing in potentially tight quarters, we're sort of beginning to wonder if......

Would appreciate hearing from any veterans of this experience, especially as to the cave portion and the real physical requirements. Thanks!

you can book this tour your self the going rate is $60pp... the ship is a carbon copy for $156pp....

You need to be comfortable in the water....it is a hot humid hike of about 1/2 mile, you can slide down a rope or jump 10 ft into a deep section ofthe river. You then, with headlamps proceed down through several caves... nothing tight good size river passage 15 ft wide 4 to 20 ft celing height. You go in and out of daylight and for sections you will be in the dark for 45 min... before coming out into daylight and the end of the cave section.

we did the tube during a land visit in march. I think the jungle walk is the short hike to get to the start. we needed to put our legs on the person on front, there is no exertion At all floating thru the caves. we enjoyed it, I wouldn't do for ship prices tho,

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did this with my 80 year old Mom and her 89 year old friend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Book your own tour.ship tour is twice as much. The private tour guides carried the tubes for those who may have had trouble. The walk was about 45 minutes (we went further to do more caves) and it was not too bad. Hot but it was mostly shaded. The caves were not confining at all. Water was comfortable. Again book your own tour. A bus load of ship people will not get the attention we got. There was 16 of us and at the time it was $50 and included a nice lunch. I believe we used cavetubingbelize. Go on trip advisor or ports of call section on CC to read more.

Have done this too and agree with the other posters. When we did it the bus ride to get there was fairly long as well. I think about an hour or so, the last part being over a very bumpy dirt road which can be interesting in a big bus and a bit of water on the road.

Mark

Archived