Underground River & 5th Avenue Shopping

echo

I haven't done this. The "Secret River " caves are on the mainland, so you take a ferry over to Playa del Carmen and then a 1/2 hour ride to the caves area. Gets awesome reviews on TA, if you think you have the time.

I'm assumming that 5th Avenue shopping is in reference to Avenida 5 in Playa. The street is lined with shops and art galleries and restaurants. Learn to say "No.no. Gracias." over and over again. :D used to be a little more relaxed but during high season it's very busy. Watch for jobbers and hawkers trying to lead you into over priced jewelery stores.

Look for Pachamama for mexican made crafts, Casa Tequila ( for tequila tasting) and Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe (great brownies!!) for a little treat on the return ferry.

• 3 weeks later...

we will be on carnival victory in dec 2013. I have been looking at this excursion also. Found on youtube a few videos, this excursion looks easier to do then the secret river. We did the secret river about a year ago excellent tour, but in the cave there are some narrow areas to get thru. So if anyone has done this tour please let us know how it was:)

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know if the Underground River Tour with shopping offered on Carnival is suitable for plus sized folks?

Activity isn't an issue. The possible tight-squeezes may be ...

Thanks in Advance!

Check out the actual website itself. It says that participants should weigh no more than 250 pounds.

Check out the actual website itself. It says that participants should weigh no more than 250 pounds.

Hi! I didn't see that mentioned on the requirements/notes of the excursion for the Underground River tour. I did see it on one of the other cave tours though.

Which website are you referring to please?

Thanks!