upgrades?

JerseyshoreBruce

When you get a upgrade call do they call the people with the best cabins first or do they go by how many cruises you have done with Carnival?

Who knows, if there is some logic to it I have never seen it here. We just a completed 25 cruises with Carnival and have never gotten a call. We did get upgraded for free when we got on a ship and they picked us because we were platinum but hat was to solve an over booking situation. The only other time we got upgraded we got it when I saw someone on our cruise post here and then I called. I think (but cannot back this up with facts that it is given to those who book trough a PVP.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

There is no way to predict how Carnival chooses who to contact for upgrades. My very first cruise, I was called the week before we cruised to be asked if we'd like to move to a balcony cabin (we booked an inside). I asked how much, they said no additional cost. I snapped it up. Beginners luck.

The only other time I've been upgraded was a couple of years ago. When we were checking in the lady said she had to go someplace else to get our keys. They didn't ask, they just moved us from an inside cabin to a suite. I had no idea until we unlocked the door.

I've read about many people being called or emailed. It's never me.:(

When we went on the Valor, my mom and mother in law were sharing an OV room on the Riviera deck. It was my mom's first sailing, and MIL's 2nd.

Since I had booked their cabin, I got the call from the TA asking if they would like a free upgrade to an 8C because they were in a connecting OV and a family requested 2 rooms together. Of course, they accepted.

It was a nice surprise. They were a lot closer to us being on the 8th floor and we were in an 8B on the 7th.

That was the only time any of us were offered a free upgrade. So maybe it pays to book a connecting room? But be aware that if you don't get moved, a lot of people complain about hearing noise from the cabin next door.

When we went on the Valor, my mom and mother in law were sharing an OV room on the Riviera deck. It was my mom's first sailing, and MIL's 2nd.

Since I had booked their cabin, I got the call from the TA asking if they would like a free upgrade to an 8C because they were in a connecting OV and a family requested 2 rooms together. Of course, they accepted.

It was a nice surprise. They were a lot closer to us being on the 8th floor and we were in an 8B on the 7th.

That was the only time any of us were offered a free upgrade. So maybe it pays to book a connecting room? But be aware that if you don't get moved, a lot of people complain about hearing noise from the cabin next door.

I think you hit on something. Part of the logic may be the class of room you are currently booked in. We have known other people who were in OV and gotten upgrade to balconies and once to an OS.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

We have completed 10 cruises with Carnival and we have been offered 3 upgrades approx. a week before our cruise dates. Never free. We accepted one but declined the others. Remember this, if you get that call and you miss it, they will not call back. We were told they move on the next person on the list. Good luck. Hope you get that call.

We have completed 10 cruises with Carnival and we have been offered 3 upgrades approx. a week before our cruise dates. Never free. We accepted one but declined the others. Remember this, if you get that call and you miss it, they will not call back. We were told they move on the next person on the list. Good luck. Hope you get that call.

I have been watching the phone for missed calls. Cause just the reason you statedthey won't call back

Archived