Meet and Greets on Carnival...

DLepard

Hi all!

I started a thread for a meet and greet and when we got over 25, I discovered that Carnival is not a "host" for CC meet and greets. This is fine... we can meet and greet regardless...

We are up to nearly 40! That would mean a we need a larger dedicated space. I am hoping to orchestrate a meeting at 11 am the first morning of our cruise... perhaps in one of the bar spaces on the Miracle, but I do not know who to contact to see if they would allow this.

Any ideas?

What have you done for Carnival meet and greets? This will be my 2nd time sailing on Carnival. RCL and NCL had great meet and greets!

You can arrange for a cocktail party through Carnival if you have 20 people minimum. Call Carnival's Group Event Planning department and tell them that you want to have a party onboard with some friends....just don't tell them that it is a party through Cruise Critic.

I have organized one for our roll call. We started out with 25 people or so and now were up to 68 who have paid

If you are wanting a simple M&G just to say hello to your roll call people then either contact John on his FB page and ask for him to arrange a venue for the size of people that you need. Or ask the CD as soon as you board the ship to please arrange for a room and put a notice in the Fun Times. You can ask for some bar waiters to be available for a cash bar.

My group for just a simple M&G just gathers shortly before or at sailaway in a designated place that we've discussed on our roll call.

If you are wanting to have a paid for cocktail party, then that has to be arranged in advance and who ever arranges it has to collect all the money from the participants, ensure that only the paid for people attend and contact the groups department to finalize details and turn in a guest list before the cruise. The actual charge will be on your S&S account.

You can arrange for a cocktail party through Carnival if you have 20 people minimum. Call Carnival's Group Event Planning department and tell them that you want to have a party onboard with some friends....just don't tell them that it is a party through Cruise Critic.

I have organized one for our roll call. We started out with 25 people or so and now were up to 68 who have paid

What is the cost for this? If you say Cruise Critic, what do they do, not work with you? That seems odd.

Did you collect the funds? If so, how? What do they include with a cocktail party?

If you are wanting a simple M&G just to say hello to your roll call people then either contact John on his FB page and ask for him to arrange a venue for the size of people that you need. Or ask the CD as soon as you board the ship to please arrange for a room and put a notice in the Fun Times. You can ask for some bar waiters to be available for a cash bar.

My group for just a simple M&G just gathers shortly before or at sailaway in a designated place that we've discussed on our roll call.

If you are wanting to have a paid for cocktail party, then that has to be arranged in advance and who ever arranges it has to collect all the money from the participants, ensure that only the paid for people attend and contact the groups department to finalize details and turn in a guest list before the cruise. The actual charge will be on your S&S account.

I like the first idea best. The charge... MY S&S? I'm not that rich... lol... otherwise I wouldn't be sailing Carnival! ;-) When I contact him via FB do I message or put on wall?

Thanks!

What is the cost for this? If you say Cruise Critic, what do they do, not work with you? That seems odd.

Did you collect the funds? If so, how? What do they include with a cocktail party?

There were some problems in the past with CC groups arranging for a paid for cocktail party which costs approx $11.44pp for 1 hour of open bar plus dry snacks (the cost goes up from there). The problem was the organizer didn't ensure that only the paid for guests were allowed into the venue and for awhile Carnival was reluctant to work with CC groups.

We have these paid for parties on almost all of our cruises, but they are very involved to plan. We collect the money via paypal in advance, have an official guest list, provide wrist bands so that the bartenders know at a glance that you either are or are not part of the group.

I like the first idea best. The charge... MY S&S? I'm not that rich... lol... otherwise I wouldn't be sailing Carnival! ;-) When I contact him via FB do I message or put on wall?

Thanks!

Just post a comment on his wall about a week before you cruise that you would like to set up a M&G for your CC roll call group on the 1st sea day (or when ever you want it). That you have XX number of people planning on attending and could he ask that it be announced in the Fun Times and could there be a couple of bar waiters to take S&S charged cocktail orders.

Some ask for a bottle of champagne and a couple of SOAS to raffle off with the proceeds going toward paying a nice tip to the bar waiter.

On ours we usually pass a hat for cash tips (I know, you've already paid 15% on each drink order, but we do it anyway)...then we ask the waiters to come up and thank them for their great service and ask that they divide the tip among themselves.

Hi all!

I started a thread for a meet and greet and when we got over 25, I discovered that Carnival is not a "host" for CC meet and greets. This is fine... we can meet and greet regardless...

We are up to nearly 40! That would mean a we need a larger dedicated space. I am hoping to orchestrate a meeting at 11 am the first morning of our cruise... perhaps in one of the bar spaces on the Miracle, but I do not know who to contact to see if they would allow this.

Any ideas?

What have you done for Carnival meet and greets? This will be my 2nd time sailing on Carnival. RCL and NCL had great meet and greets!

Here's the problem when you arrange for Meet & Greets during the middle of the day. These are the activities going on from 11 am to 12 pm on the first sea day on the Breeze: Dodgeball Tournament, Harry Potter Trivia, Texas Hold Em Tournament, Super Trivia, Cooking demostration, Fun Finds Shopping SHow, Skin Connection Clinic and probably lunch for some. I always try for 2:30 pm until the boat drill on Arrival Day. You have less conflicts.

It is $20.00 per person for an alcohol package and $10.00 per person for a non-alcohol package. We are having a 2 hour party in the Piano Bar on our first full sea day.

I have participated in both of these parties. I learned here on cruise critic that if you are planning a meet and greet party then you should just tell Carnival that it is a party for some friends.

One lady on our roll call is collecting the money for the party through a PayPal account. We cruise on December 8th and we have set the cut-off date to send in money to November 24th

They include all alcoholic drinks and dry snacks (pretzels, crackers, chips, trail mix)

Here's the problem when you arrange for Meet & Greets during the middle of the day. These are the activities going on from 11 am to 12 pm on the first sea day on the Breeze: Dodgeball Tournament, Harry Potter Trivia, Texas Hold Em Tournament, Super Trivia, Cooking demostration, Fun Finds Shopping SHow, Skin Connection Clinic and probably lunch for some. I always try for 2:30 pm until the boat drill on Arrival Day. You have less conflicts.

I hear what you are saying. My concern with 2:30 is that not all passengers will be on board for a 4 pm sailing. I would say the majority would be... but I know I prefer my first day to arrive early and explore the ship until the room is available... then unpack before boat drill (we carry our luggage onboard).

We had an 11:30 first morning M&G on the NCL Jewel in July. It worked out pretty well, that's why I was considering it.

I do agree with this.......some of our most fun M&G's have been at a designated spot on the Lido from embarkation to muster.....then continue with a sailaway party on the highest at a pre-determined place........

When the group I sail with didn't know each other very well, we always wore feather boa's or beads or scarves or our group cruise designed t-shirts to identify us all.......now after 8+ cruises together we just say meet you in the "situation room".........and we all know where that is........:p

Our party is from 2:00-4:00 pm on the first full sea day. We wanted that time because it will still give people time to get ready for dinner

I think I will set up a survey monkey thingamajig to see what everyone prefers, and if they would be willing to pay for open bar.

Thank you for the input! Keep the suggestions coming...

CC is a wonderful resource!!

We have done this in the past as well. One person paid for everything, then we all paid in cash to her when we arrived. Only bad thing was a few people said they were coming and didn't. so a few of us just paid some extra $'s so she wouldn't be out hew own $'s for it.

It was set up in advance in a lounge. we had plenty of bartenders for our group and i only wish we would have done 2 hours instead of 1.

if i were in charge of it, everyone would be paying me in advance. there would be a list of names of who paid. there would be a cutoff date to sign up as well. I'd also remind everyone they could/should tip the staff. They busted their tails trying to keep up with everyone trying to drink as much as they can in an hour lol.

Have fun!

What is with the "Don't tell them you're through Cruise Critic"?

What is with the "Don't tell them you're through Cruise Critic"?

You can tell them it's through Cruise Critic. I have read on here in the past that people who book the parties will just say that they are for friends who are cruising

You can tell Carnival whatever you want.....it's your party

Hi all!

Any ideas?

I have set-up our M & G, for our Hawaii cruise on the Miracle Sept 17/13

We have our's first sea day from 10-12. We will have bar service with drink's charged to everyone's own S&S card's.

As far as not mentioning CC, that was not even an issue. ;)

And yes contact Group Event's, they were a great help in setting everything up for us. :)

Enjoy your cruise. :D

I've told them both times that I've organized one that I'm with Cruise Critic and had absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Just set up my third and mentioned CC for all!;) We're having 2 M&G's on our sail away day; then a cocktail party on an early sea day!:D Here's a link to a thread with all the cocktail party options and a lot more talk about the parties you should read if planning to set one up!:):eek: Have fun!:cool: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1898259 Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

I've told them both times that I've organized one that I'm with Cruise Critic and had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Ditto, once they even asked if it was a CC group, when I said yes, the group rep said GREAT! No Problems at all.

The only issue I have encountered is the one about mixing alcohol and non alcohol options for a paid open bar cocktail party. If you ask one rep, they may say no problem, but others may say, Non-Acohol option is for minors only. Just get the answer in an email to show once onboard.

For a simple M & G, the same group reps at CCL can setup a room, and offer BYOB bar service if needed. Just need ask well in advance as the locations get booked up by sailing time.

Ditto, once they even asked if it was a CC group, when I said yes, the group rep said GREAT! No Problems at all.

The only issue I have encountered is the one about mixing alcohol and non alcohol options for a paid open bar cocktail party. If you ask one rep, they may say no problem, but others may say, Non-Acohol option is for minors only. Just get the answer in an email to show once onboard.

For a simple M & G, the same group reps at CCL can setup a room, and offer BYOB bar service if needed. Just need ask well in advance as the locations get booked up by sailing time.

Ditto!;)

I have hosted two cocktail parties and they are awesome!

The first one was on the Miracle and it was all family and friends.

The last one was on the Pride, 3 years ago. We had family and friends going once again, but not enough to meet the 20 person minimum. So I went to my roll call and asked if anyone was interested and we had about 6 or 8 people who came. They paid me at the door, since I had put the charge on my S&S.

There were two ladies from the south, and a guy who was proposing to his girlfriend on the cruise, and everyone was fun and friendly. Like others, I went thru the Group Events and we had our own coordinator, who contacted me several times before and during the cruise, then again afterwards. Class act all the way! We usually do them the first sea day, around 5:00pm for those who have early dining. It's so much fun watching some try to find the dining room. LOL

Going again on the Pride in November, and there's talk about another cocktail party.

Eileen

We have done this in the past as well. One person paid for everything, then we all paid in cash to her when we arrived. Only bad thing was a few people said they were coming and didn't. so a few of us just paid some extra $'s so she wouldn't be out hew own $'s for it.

Ouch! That'd be a big hit if you had a lot of no-shows.

It was set up in advance in a lounge. we had plenty of bartenders for our group and i only wish we would have done 2 hours instead of 1.

We did two hours for ours about a year ago, which worked out really well. I think 1.5 hours would have been fine also but everyone felt one hour wouldn't have been enough time.

if i were in charge of it, everyone would be paying me in advance. there would be a list of names of who paid. there would be a cutoff date to sign up as well. I'd also remind everyone they could/should tip the staff. They busted their tails trying to keep up with everyone trying to drink as much as they can in an hour lol.

We had about 80 people for our private party, which got moved to the big (Victoria) lounge aft. People paid in advance via Paypal and we had nametags to identify us, along with our home-cities. I think that's the only way it should go.

It worked out really well...about the only negative was that the bar-snacks seemed really stale. For about $20 for a 2-hour open bar, that's a steal. We had one fun family from Arkansas who got pretty hammered. Even I had 3 drinks, which was more than I'd normally have in a year. :)

I am the coordinator for a cocktail party for our Breeze cruise in a month. We are currently at 114 attending! We have booked the Liquid night club for 60 people, obviously I will be calling and adjusting our numbers about two weeks before the event! We have booked the room for 1 1/2 hours at a price of $16.68 pp for drinkers and $8.63 for non-drinkers. We also will be passing a hat to collect more tips for the waitstaff in view of them so we are guarantee getting great service! This will be a private party...Do not advertise otherwise you will get unwanted people crashing your party! For the bracelets I ordered Tyvek event bracelets from ebay for about $7.50 for 200. For those non-drinkers I will write on the bracelets with a sharpie so the barstaff will know they get no alcohol!