Disney vs RCL

Arcs1977

The question is why are Carnivals cruises the cheapest of all cruise lines with low booking , clearly the public do not like carnival for some reason and demand is low. Recent high profile incidents have damaged the brand and people currently do not trust them.

I think it's important for you to know....CarnivalBreeze is a CCL employee. He accidentally admitted it a few days ago, and then quickly went back and edited his post to change it when called out on it. He has been doing these shameless CCL plugs on all the boards the past few days.

I have cruised Carnival. However I would only sail on the Magic, Dream, or Breeze because they are the newer ships. The decor on Carnival is well gaudy IMO. DCL is more in line with old luxury liners, classic. As for entertainment, DCL blows CCL away, but that is what Disney does. Food was equally comparable, edible with an occasional good thrown in. Swimming and onboard activities, CCL has great stuff for activities on the newer ships, while DCL pools are nothing short of human soup bowls. My kids don't use the clubs so I cannot compare.

The reasons I would choose CCL over DCL...stateroom. I can get a stateroom on CCL with a huge vista balcony that goes from the back of the ship and curves around the side for the same price as the cheapest inside stateroom on DCL. Ports of call. CCL has better itineraries with varying ports. Being one cruise shy of platinum on DCL, I have been to all of their go-to ports multiple times.

Calling the problems CCL has had with their ships isn't an issue. It can and does happen to any cruiseline. When you have a larger fleet, you are going to have more problems.

Is CCL my favorite, no, DCL still has that place. However, as the PP stated, there is something to be said for CCL over DCL in some areas. Looking to try the Allure or Oasis, but don't know if I am up for the large size!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope you do get to try the Allure or Oasis soon. I would love to hear what you think. I do love those ships. I personally believe their entertainment blows DCL out of the water. From the Broadway shows to the parades and nightly promenade parties on board. It can't be beat. So tired of the whole princess-themed plays.

In the future, I would be game to try a Carnival cruise. I like to try things first before I form an opinion about something. Especially when more than one person on my last cruise said they enjoyed CCL as well. And that came from employees as well as other passengers!

In any case, I truly love cruising so I'll take it over being at work any day. :)

I think it's important for you to know....CarnivalBreeze is a CCL employee. He accidentally admitted it a few days ago, and then quickly went back and edited his post to change it when called out on it. He has been doing these shameless CCL plugs on all the boards the past few days.

Thank you for posting that. I read his (her?) posts to DH and DH immediately said, "That's got to be a troll working for CCL." We were both thinking it sounded like paid advertising. I realize that DCL fans often are very rah-rah about DCL, but I hadn't seen any posts that made me think they were DCL employees sent out to drum up business.

I got the impression of 1 A CCL lover and 2 maybe an employee.

All I can say is that Royal used to be my favorite line until I tried Carnival. There is nothing better than a Carnival Cruise! It is ultimately your decision whether to try it or not, but I sincerely hope you are able to join the Carnival family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgU2FhZtEI

Sincerely I would be embarrassed to part of the "Carnival Family" You are only as good as the company you keep.

You have been "outed" and it seems a waste of time for you to go to boards and push Carnival. The more you push the less members will think of Carnival.

I have found RCI to be very good just as Disney and NCL. Honestly the best concierge service we have ever had is on NCL. Puts Disney and RCI to shame. Also the RCI concierge services are a step above Disney. As far as non-concierge rooms we have never done one so no information.

I have found RCI to be very good just as Disney and NCL. Honestly the best concierge service we have ever had is on NCL. Puts Disney and RCI to shame. Also the RCI concierge services are a step above Disney. As far as non-concierge rooms we have never done one so no information.

Part Agree.

I found RCI concierge better than Magic and Wonder but on par with Fantasy.

Thank you for posting that. I read his (her?) posts to DH and DH immediately said, "That's got to be a troll working for CCL." We were both thinking it sounded like paid advertising. I realize that DCL fans often are very rah-rah about DCL, but I hadn't seen any posts that made me think they were DCL employees sent out to drum up business.

To make it clear, I do not work for Carnival. I do however, love Carnival, as millions of others do the same.

To make it clear, I do not work for Carnival. I do however, love Carnival, as millions of others do the same.

Maybe not directly working for Carnival, but perhaps a company contracted by Carnival. Really doesn't matter, but no one would spend this much time and effort promoting any cruise line unless there was an incentive.

The CC moderators need to get on this one!

I can't find any edited posts by this member.

BTW, posts are forever, even edited ones. Think before you click.

I can't find any edited posts by this member.

BTW, posts are forever, even edited ones. Think before you click.

You might want to take your own advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarnivalBreeze319 View Post Post #27

Looks like that was back in 2007. Trust me, the brand has changed immensely since then. Try it again for yourself. Prices are cheap. they would love to have you back.

Post #32 from same thread. From Aquahound

I noticed you originally wrote "our brand" and "we would love" before going back and editing it to the words "the" and "they." What did you mean by that? If you work for Carnival or are a current employee of the Breeze, as your own words indicated, it is highly inappropriate for you to be posting in this manner. I noticed you are doing the same thing on the NCL boards.

To be clear, I don't have a beef with Cranival, but I didn't realize they were this desperate for business.

On RCI, at concierge level you get reserved front row seats to shows. Not so on Disney.

On NCL, the concierge is more like a butler and actually walks you to your reserved seats for a show! And don't worry about those crowded elevators when getting on or off the ship. On NCL the concierge goes with you and has a magic card she swipes in the elevator so it will not stop for anyone else! It becomes a non-stop ride. We are doing our first cruise on Princess next month so I will report on the concierge level when we get back.

Ugh. I did my last CCL Dream and my first DCL Dream within 5 weeks of each other this year. The idea the Carnival can compete with Disney is unbelieveable. Just unreal. How can you compare a bean bag toss with an interactive ship wide mystery or the entertainment or 3 MDRs or an amazing private island that you can dock at...somebody stop me.

Number one difference. Service Service Service...

I have gold VFIP with Carnival. But I wouldn't take a free one at this point because it would still cost too much...

Nobody who hasn't been on DCL even a 3 day at least should be commenting or even considering comparing!

Yeesh...

Nobody who hasn't been on DCL even a 3 day at least should be commenting or even considering comparing!

Yeesh...

Too funny! I guess that advice applies to everyone except you. ;) Didn't you recently post your opinions on a thread about NCL on the Dis boards and it's a cruise line you have never sailed?

I hope you do get to try the Allure or Oasis soon. I would love to hear what you think. I do love those ships. I personally believe their entertainment blows DCL out of the water. From the Broadway shows to the parades and nightly promenade parties on board. It can't be beat. So tired of the whole princess-themed plays.

In the future, I would be game to try a Carnival cruise. I like to try things first before I form an opinion about something. Especially when more than one person on my last cruise said they enjoyed CCL as well. And that came from employees as well as other passengers!

In any case, I truly love cruising so I'll take it over being at work any day. :)

I've cruise Carnival 4 times and DCL 4 times and I enjoy them both - for different reasons.

I would cruise Carnival more if they separated out their HA cabins (like DCL, RCCL and Celebrity does).

I've found service on both lines (actually all 3 lines - I've sailed once on RCCL as well and will do so again next February) to be more similar than different. We've had great dining room servers on all 3 lines - with our poorest experience being on DCL. We've had great room attendants on both Carnival and DCL (not so much on RCCL but I recognize that not-so-great employees happen to every cruiseline so fingers crossed we have a better one on our next RCCL cruise). We've met extraordinary staff on all of our cruises (from the buffet server on Carnival who kept coming back to ask about my ereader because he wanted to get one for his university bound daughter, to the guest services CM on the Dream who made a terrible night better, to the absolutely hilarious cruise director on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas).

Unless you're solely out to gain loyalty points and perks (and some people are), I prefer to spread my cruises around. I'm excited to try Celebrity (thinking about B2B Panama Canal cruises next November on the Infinity) and want to try NCL (especially after seeing Undercover Boss!). Princess may end up on the list if I can find a HA cabin that sleeps 3 where the third bed isn't a pullman (eck!) and even HAL is a serious contender for my cruise dollars.

I think everyone who loves cruising should try any and all of the lines - when the time, itinerary, ship, and price works for them.

Archived