Portable Doorbell?

sailingwithfriends

Trying to find a way to know when someone is at our hallway door when we are on the balcony. Our daughter will be in an inside room with her friend. If we are on the balcony, we will not hear her knock. Has anyone ever used a portable doorbell? It looks like the ringer could go outside with us. We could use velcro to attach it to the hallway door. Any experience or other ideas to help?

Trying to find a way to know when someone is at our hallway door when we are on the balcony. Our daughter will be in an inside room with her friend. If we are on the balcony, we will not hear her knock. Has anyone ever used a portable doorbell? It looks like the ringer could go outside with us. We could use velcro to attach it to the hallway door. Any experience or other ideas to help?

I never thought of that, I think it's neat. I can carry my receiver all over the house. The button can be bought separate and could provide an extra. I wouldn't want to leave my door ajar and keep turning around to see if someone was there.

Battery operated would work fine. Just a heads up, if there are kids on the ship I can see the doorbell disappearing from your door. :eek:

Not to mention kids pressing it as they walked past. Or people thinking they're being funny. Or people who have had too much to drink. The last thing you'd want is for your doorbell to be rung at 3 a.m. when you're trying to sleep.

I do agree giving the daughter the button to carry would make sense, or having an extra key card made for her.

Archived