Pacific Dawn Baja Deck Cabins?

Koalasrule

Hello,

Just booked for my first ever cruise on Pacific Dawn. I have booked an outside cabin with balcony on Baja Deck 10. Cabin no 10149. I notice that this cabin is towards the front/bow of the ship - is there a difference? I don't suffer from sea sickness or anything like that but remember reading once that it's better to get a cabin at the back rather than at the front. I note that the cabin I'm booked in is near a set of lifts - will this be a problem?

Also, I'm travelling on my own, and tend to be quite shy. How is seating in the restaurant worked out? Are there large tables where lots of people sit, or is it more a 'table-for-two' type arrangement?

If you don't get seasick there shouldn't be any problem being forward. We've been near the lifts more than once and have had no problem with noise.

Re dining, at the buffet you can sit wherever you like. In the dining room at breakfast and lunch they usually put you wherever they can fill tables. At dinner you can request the size of table you want to be seated at. There are tables 2, 4, 6, 8, and I think there are some tables for 10 or 12. You can book the same table each night, or have a different table every night.

They usually advertise in the Pacific Daily the times when solo cruisers can meet each other. We have really enjoyed every cruise on Pac Dawn - she has a great atmosphere and a happy crew.

Hope you have a lovely time. :)

• 3 weeks later...
10 seat dinning table is the biggest and they are round and you will find them to the front of the dinning room

We just got off Pacific Dawn,theres 10 seat tables all over the restaurant,never got seated in the same place twice,usually in a group of 10 as there were about 30 in our group.Kids on one table,adults on another.

We just got off Pacific Dawn,theres 10 seat tables all over the restaurant,never got seated in the same place twice,usually in a group of 10 as there were about 30 in our group.Kids on one table,adults on another.

thats great neaws more 10 seat tables that our group can use:D

hope you had a good cruise

Archived