Playa Mia Entrance Fee??

momtoty2001

We are brining our 10 and 11 year old kids on our next Carnival Cruise. Our first stop is in Cozumel. We were debating on going to Playa Mia or Passion Island.

Can anyone comment on playa Mia as far as how far out are the water play on toys? My kids both swim well but I'm nervous the toys will be out too far..

Also, has anyone booked this excursion using:

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

Could I purchase the All-inclusive package for my husband and myself ($59.99 each) and then just get the kids a admission pass to the park ($24.99 each) or do I also have to purchase a all-inclusive pass for them as well?

Also, if booking through this company and we get to Cozumel and it's raining or weather is bad can we cancel and get our money back? Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this company.. Shore Excursioneer?

Thank you very much!

Have you tried to speak to the excursion company directly?

(everytime you click on that link it has a popup box where it asks for your phone number so they can call you on their dime)

They should be able to definitively answer your question about having to purchase all inlcuives across the board or not. (I would think the buffett included should cover the kids, but..)

I know that Mitsugirly, who has been and responds the most to Playa Mia threads, said the inflatable toys were not out the day they were there.

Needless to say, all of the huge kiddie pool toys and the waterslides are not in the surf, so your kids will definitely be safe there.

Hopefully somebody with experience with how far out will pop in, since the title is about the fee...not the distance or safety of the toys.

Good luck.

Bill

So I contacted Shore excursioneer and they stated that we could purchase the Adults all inclusive and for the kids we could purchase the day pass for $24.99 but they would not get food.

I know that in Mitsugirly review she stated that they purchased a package that just included admission and drinks and then they purchased the food ala cart. That is the option we are looking for..

Can anyone tell me where I can find that option?

Thank you!!

We are brining our 10 and 11 year old kids on our next Carnival Cruise. Our first stop is in Cozumel. We were debating on going to Playa Mia or Passion Island.

Can anyone comment on playa Mia as far as how far out are the water play on toys? My kids both swim well but I'm nervous the toys will be out too far..

Also, has anyone booked this excursion using:

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

Could I purchase the All-inclusive package for my husband and myself ($59.99 each) and then just get the kids a admission pass to the park ($24.99 each) or do I also have to purchase a all-inclusive pass for them as well?

Also, if booking through this company and we get to Cozumel and it's raining or weather is bad can we cancel and get our money back? Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this company.. Shore Excursioneer?

Thank you very much!

I love that beach....the trampoline is pretty far out but i made it....never made to the iceberg....way too far. Unless things have changed as this was back in 2007. IMO its the best all-inclusive out there....we did Nachi last year and the service didn't compare and drinks were weak....Playa Mia all the way! I booked through Carnival and we did it twice and tried Nachi but will be going back to Playa Mia

Edited by JerseyshoreBruce

Some of the water toys are far out, because of the depth, so you do not injure yourself when you fall/jump from the toys, that is my guess. Playa Mia charges at the entrance and last time it was $5 more than online....guess they like to plan how many people are coming to keep the buffet price down (yes I am a cook LOL)

So I contacted Shore excursioneer and they stated that we could purchase the Adults all inclusive and for the kids we could purchase the day pass for $24.99 but they would not get food.

I know that in Mitsugirly review she stated that they purchased a package that just included admission and drinks and then they purchased the food ala cart. That is the option we are looking for..

Can anyone tell me where I can find that option?

Thank you!!

Mitsugirly had booked Playa Mia through the ship I believe.

She didn't see the indepedent link until AFTER she got back...

I really wish someone had shown me this link prior to when we went. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than what we paid without the buffet. I tried asking and googling and didn't come up with a way to book other than using Playa Mia's site, which directs you to the cruise ship site. Although I will probably never go back here, (I will find new places each time) it's good to know about this site that offers bookings with other things.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Unless things have changed as this was back in 2007.

Playa Mia all the way! I booked through Carnival and we did it twice and tried Nachi but will be going back to Playa Mia

It has changed, actually since we went in May, they changed the water toys. It's a big water park playground out there now according to the pictures they have shown of it (not responding to how far out they are, just the amount of toys...in case you ever want to go back and try it again). :D

I agree 100% that Playa Mia was way better than Nachi. We honestly didn't care for Nachi...well at least for the beach that is.

(The following is not my picture and belongs to Playa Mia)

1014496_10151710048205329_861888374_o-M.jpg

It has changed, actually since we went in May, they changed the water toys. It's a big water park playground out there now according to the pictures they have shown of it (not responding to how far out they are, just the amount of toys...in case you ever want to go back and try it again). :D

I agree 100% that Playa Mia was way better than Nachi. We honestly didn't care for Nachi...well at least for the beach that is.

Thats awesome....i really have to go back now!

[

What about Paradise vs Playa Mia?

We were set on going back to Paradise but now that I see Playa Mia I am torn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Following this thread...trying to decide between this and PB. Thanks!

We are in the same boat for next month. Has anyone been to Playa Mia in the last 6 months or so? I saw some reviews saying the inflatables in the ocean are a bit of a safety hazard because they are breaking? Anyone know anything about this? Also, I was wondered what the ala carte food prices were because I don't know if we should do the all inclusive or just order off the menu.

Also, what are the pros & cons for Playa Mia and Paradise Beach??

We are in the same boat for next month. Has anyone been to Playa Mia in the last 6 months or so? I saw some reviews saying the inflatables in the ocean are a bit of a safety hazard because they are breaking? Anyone know anything about this? Also, I was wondered what the ala carte food prices were because I don't know if we should do the all inclusive or just order off the menu.

Also, what are the pros & cons for Playa Mia and Paradise Beach??

We just got back from Playa Mia. My lo is 2, she loved the pool! I would say if you have young children, no question you should choose Playa Mia. Before having a baby we went to paradise beach twice, I'd say it's great for older kids/teens.

As far as food, we ate before getting off the ship and wasn't hungry during our time there. Good luck, you'll be happy with either choice.

• 3 weeks later...