Parking at Tampa Port

Tiredofguessing

Anyone have any recent (i.e. 2013) parking experience/recommendations for Port of Tampa? We haven't cruised out of that location before. I've seen some reviews outside of Cruise Critic and there doesn't seem to be any reasonably priced parking that is receiving good reviews. Looked into Capital (or Capitol) Parking and Premier Parking and they have very mixed reviews. We are taking a HA 14 day cruise in January and don't really want to pay an additional $210 for parking across the street from the terminal. Has anyone used 241 Parking? Out of the available options they seem to have the best reviews. Has anyone used hotel parking? We live only 2.5 hours from Tampa, so don't need an overnight stay in a hotel and are wondering if any hotels just offer parking in their lots and a shuttle to the port for a fee. Would appreciate any help previous cruisers could offer. Thank you.

Anyone have any recent (i.e. 2013) parking experience/recommendations for Port of Tampa? We haven't cruised out of that location before. I've seen some reviews outside of Cruise Critic and there doesn't seem to be any reasonably priced parking that is receiving good reviews. Looked into Capital (or Capitol) Parking and Premier Parking and they have very mixed reviews. We are taking a HA 14 day cruise in January and don't really want to pay an additional $210 for parking across the street from the terminal. Has anyone used 241 Parking? Out of the available options they seem to have the best reviews. Has anyone used hotel parking? We live only 2.5 hours from Tampa, so don't need an overnight stay in a hotel and are wondering if any hotels just offer parking in their lots and a shuttle to the port for a fee. Would appreciate any help previous cruisers could offer. Thank you.

We have secured parking in Tampa for the airport, and I believe that it is also available for cruises...we went through http://www.globalairportparking.com and parked at the Interncontinental Hotel on W. Kennedy Blvd. It was very reasonable. This company uses the hotel shuttle. You may want to look into it for your cruise.

Goodluck in your search.

Chris

Thanks to everyone who responded. Will probably look into renting a car. We have done that previously when we have flown out of Miami for an extended overseas trip. Car rental is fairly inexpensive in Florida and there is no 'one way' drop off fee. Will let you know what we end up doing and how it worked out.

• 2 months later...
Thanks to everyone who responded. Will probably look into renting a car. We have done that previously when we have flown out of Miami for an extended overseas trip. Car rental is fairly inexpensive in Florida and there is no 'one way' drop off fee. Will let you know what we end up doing and how it worked out.

I'd consider a park & cruise hotel room, too. You'd quite possibly be able to do that for cheaper than the cost of renting, and it would likely be less hassle.

We just did a 7 day cruise out of Tampa and parked at 241. We had a great experience. They are very close to where RC and HAL are docked, about 2 blocks. We dropped of our luggage first and planned on just walking back to the ship but the guys at 241 were right there with a van and dropped us off. When we got off the ship we only waited about 2-3 minutes when they drove up. They have small vans so you don't have to wait for them to fill them. They handled all our luggage even put it into our car. Their lot is right on Channelside Dr. and is fenced with a 6 ft chain link fence. It is a grass lot. The cost was $64 for 7 days and we paid when we parked. We have parked in the port parking garage twice and this was so much easier and cheaper.

• 2 months later...

We just got back from a 5 day on RCL. We used 241 Parking and it was one of the easiest and quickest parking experiences we have ever had. Curt was our driver and was and cared enough to ask if we were cold upon our return while we waited in the van for 2 other guest to arrive. I will use them again in the future and you take your car keys with you on the ship.

We used 717 Parking for the week ($27.40 for the week) a couple weeks ago. We parked in a small lot by the Amtrak Station, no fence but am told security patrols the lot. We called when we got to the lot (we were told 10 minutes before we got there, but were not in a hurry so we waited to make sure we found the lot ok) and the shuttle driver was there in 15 minutes (he even called a couple times to provide us status/eta updates), and dropped us off at baggage drop at the NCL terminal.

After disembarking at 8:00am, we called 717 and the same driver was there in 10 minutes and loaded our luggage and we were off. We did have VIP disembarkation so we were 1st area (there were not even any luggage set out yet) in the shuttle by 8:15, on the road at 8:30am.

NICE!

We used 241 parking for our 2/16 cruise on the Dawn. Good experience and they also have a senior discount. $55 for the 7 days. Would use them again. Shuttle was there within 5 minutes. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on veterans parkway and they had free parking. Shuttle to and from the port was $10 per person each way. $40 (shuttle cost) vs $55. Only reason didn't park at the hotel was we wanted to get on the road as soon as possible because we were heading home and were a little concerned how quickly the hotel shuttle would arrive. Both good options in my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...
We used 717 Parking for the week ($27.40 for the week) a couple weeks ago. We parked in a small lot by the Amtrak Station, no fence but am told security patrols the lot. We called when we got to the lot (we were told 10 minutes before we got there, but were not in a hurry so we waited to make sure we found the lot ok) and the shuttle driver was there in 15 minutes (he even called a couple times to provide us status/eta updates), and dropped us off at baggage drop at the NCL terminal.

After disembarking at 8:00am, we called 717 and the same driver was there in 10 minutes and loaded our luggage and we were off. We did have VIP disembarkation so we were 1st area (there were not even any luggage set out yet) in the shuttle by 8:15, on the road at 8:30am.

NICE!

It is good to hear you had a good experence. I was a bit worried. Traveling on a budget and this place was the best deal I could find. Hopefully I have the same experience.

Joel

Just returned from a week on NCL DAWN to find our car and 5 others with smashed in passenger front windows. The contents of center consoles and glove boxes stolen. 717 (SEVENONESEVEN) parking assumes NO responsibility!!

Pass this on!

I find it funny that you have not posted at all on Cruise Critic except to let us know how bad the parking experence was at 717 Parking. If it is true, I am sorry for your experence. I have nothing of value in my car and have copies of things like car registration and things like that.

There are so many one post wonders here to put down another business, that I always question when one person put such a negative comment and it is their only post.

Joel

• 9 months later...
I find it funny that you have not posted at all on Cruise Critic except to let us know how bad the parking experence was at 717 Parking. If it is true, I am sorry for your experence. I have nothing of value in my car and have copies of things like car registration and things like that.

There are so many one post wonders here to put down another business, that I always question when one person put such a negative comment and it is their only post.

Joel

Our cruise was great until we got back and found our car as well as several others vandalized at 717 parking. We were assured that it was safe and secure parking, however we were sitting ducks. We were told by 717 that our cars were towed to a "safe" place after they were vandalized and then they towed them back for us to pick up. A representative met us at the lot upon return and could not have appeared more disinterested. In fact, he was impatient to leave and really acted like we caused him a problem. We have parked at Port Canaveral and Jacksonville at off-site parking with wonderful experiences. To suggest that we were vandalized because we were negligent by leaving things visible is ridiculous and insulting. Nothing was visible in our vehicle. Now my insurance company is paying for 717's neglect. In addition to the exterior damage, the interior of my car was trashed and there were cat prints throughout the car and apparently the police dusted for prints before we even knew our car was vandalized. Apparently the Vandals are not one hit wonders and 717 fails to warn people that their cars are at risk. They continue to advertise as safe and secure.

• 2 months later...
Our cruise was great until we got back and found our car as well as several others vandalized at 717 parking. We were assured that it was safe and secure parking, however we were sitting ducks. We were told by 717 that our cars were towed to a "safe" place after they were vandalized and then they towed them back for us to pick up. A representative met us at the lot upon return and could not have appeared more disinterested. In fact, he was impatient to leave and really acted like we caused him a problem. We have parked at Port Canaveral and Jacksonville at off-site parking with wonderful experiences. To suggest that we were vandalized because we were negligent by leaving things visible is ridiculous and insulting. Nothing was visible in our vehicle. Now my insurance company is paying for 717's neglect. In addition to the exterior damage, the interior of my car was trashed and there were cat prints throughout the car and apparently the police dusted for prints before we even knew our car was vandalized. Apparently the Vandals are not one hit wonders and 717 fails to warn people that their cars are at risk. They continue to advertise as safe and secure.

Sorry if this happened to you! Find it interesting this is your only post!!!!!

• 1 year later...

There are about a dozen street parking spaces along a small section of E 5th Ave in Ybor City without any posted time or residency restrictions (Nov 2016). The spaces are super convenient to the street car which you can take all the way to the port for $2.50 a person. Plug 1220 E 5th Ave 33605 into your GPS/phone to find the location. These spots are between N 13th St & Nuccio Parkway.

Once you've parked, walk 2 blocks north to the Cadrecha Plaza Station #4 to catch the street car.

You can check the hours below, but are friendly for cruise schedules in my opionion.

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/about/hours/index.htm

Cheers!