Another coffee card question?

allfloridagirl

Sorry, I know that this must have been addressed a million times but I have read post after post about the coffee cards and none had my answer.

I'm taking a 4 night cruise on the Ruby in December and was wondering, do they offer another coffee card maybe for the 4 days or is the one for $31 which includes 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee the only card they sell? I cannot possibly drink 15 specialty coffees AND the brewed coffee. Also, my husbands a big tea drinker, is Earl Grey considered a premium tea and if so, can I get him his tea on my card?

I've also checked my booking as well and the only card Princess was offering online is the $31 card. So, I wasn't sure if they adjusted this card for shorter cruises.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

I'm taking a 4 night cruise on the Ruby in December

Thank you for any info you can provide.

A 4 night cruise is really 2 1/2 days on board & 1 port day. Expresso drinks cost at the high end around $3/$3.50. Brewed coffee is less. The drinks can be paid for as you get them or as punches on the coffee card (15 punches per card). So you can do the math to see if it is worth it. Free coffee and tea is available all day and evening in the Horizon Ct. Buffet. It's not bad. You can also get free coffee & tea from room service, but it normal to tip the server a few dollars.

Opinion, not worth it for a short cruise. Use the free coffee.

A 4 night cruise is really 2 1/2 days on board & 1 port day. Expresso drinks cost at the high end around $3/$3.50. Brewed coffee is less. The drinks can be paid for as you get them or as punches on the coffee card (15 punches per card). So you can do the math to see if it is worth it. Free coffee and tea is available all day and evening in the Horizon Ct. Buffet. It's not bad. You can also get free coffee & tea from room service, but it normal to tip the server a few dollars.

Opinion, not worth it for a short cruise. Use the free coffee.

You're right. I just calculated on the high end how much it would costs me to just buy the coffee I normally drink and for 4 days (not really 4 days like you said), my total tab would be something like $20 bucks. Now, for my 7 day cruise, I will definitely buy the card, as I can easily drink 15 specialty coffees in that time period.

So just to clarify, there is no free brewed coffee any longer on board? I used to hit one of the bars early morning for my nice cup of brewed coffee instead of drinking the syrup in the buffet.

Earl Gray is also offered in the main dining rooms. My husband is also a lover of that tea so know for a fact. No extra cost either!

I however am the coffee drinker and still have many punch left on my last card. It is sitting with my passport, waiting for my next cruise. I might not get fresh brewed with the card but I can get my daily mocha!

The teas you can get with the card are some of the fancy ones, and some are herbal as well. I know that I got a cup of a ginger tea for my friend who was having tummy issues one day on the cruise.

Have fun on your cruise!

Earl Gray is also offered in the main dining rooms. My husband is also a lover of that tea so know for a fact. No extra cost either!

I however am the coffee drinker and still have many punch left on my last card. It is sitting with my passport, waiting for my next cruise. I might not get fresh brewed with the card but I can get my daily mocha!

The teas you can get with the card are some of the fancy ones, and some are herbal as well. I know that I got a cup of a ginger tea for my friend who was having tummy issues one day on the cruise.

Have fun on your cruise!

Thank you for confirming that. It's been a while since we've been on a cruise (last cruise I believe was one of the short cruises when Ruby entered the fleet) and now there are some items that were included in your fare and are now items you pay for. I remember my first cruise with Princess, I think nearly 12 years ago, you had to pay for the specialty coffees at the coffee bar but could get them free in the dining room. Also on my last cruise, you still could go the coffee bar and get free brewed coffee. I miss those days. However, the fare for my December cruise isn't very much different from what I paid 12 years ago, so if they take away these little items and make me pay for them, it really doesn't phase me. I may be the minority on this but I'd rather them keep the fares down and charge you IF you want soda, mocha's, etc. There are a lot of people that are just fine with the coffee they serve at the buffets and MDR, so why should they pay for me to have my specialty coffee in the MDR. Again, just my two cents.

I'm really looking forward to the December cruise. Thank you all for your helpful tips.

Thank you for confirming that. It's been a while since we've been on a cruise (last cruise I believe was one of the short cruises when Ruby entered the fleet) and now there are some items that were included in your fare and are now items you pay for. I remember my first cruise with Princess, I think nearly 12 years ago, you had to pay for the specialty coffees at the coffee bar but could get them free in the dining room. Also on my last cruise, you still could go the coffee bar and get free brewed coffee. I miss those days. However, the fare for my December cruise isn't very much different from what I paid 12 years ago, so if they take away these little items and make me pay for them, it really doesn't phase me. I may be the minority on this but I'd rather them keep the fares down and charge you IF you want soda, mocha's, etc. There are a lot of people that are just fine with the coffee they serve at the buffets and MDR, so why should they pay for me to have my specialty coffee in the MDR. Again, just my two cents.

As other's have said, if you plan to cruise again, you can use the punches then, but the brewed expires.

And I agree with your point about cruise fares. I recently found the tickets (yes, tickets) for our honeymoon cruise. We paid about the same (and maybe more) in 1998 for a 10 day panama canal cruise as we did for a 10 day Alaska cruise in 2007 on the same ship. We were in a BE (I think) in 1998 and a BA in 2007.

Archived