Steakhouse question re: wine on first night

Bibble

If you have 4 people at your table, two different cabins of 2 people each, you get two bottles of wine. I think the difference is that you would have to make 2 reservations on 2 separate S&S cards. I would sit at separate tables until they brought you out your wine then "ask" to be moved to the table of 4 before you receive your food. Make sure each reservation is booked on separate S&S cards w/ individuals not staying in the same cabin or on the same S&S acct.

Last week on Breeze we had 6 at dinner from 3 cabins...initially the waiternsaid two bottles odlf wine...when I advised we were three seperate couples with three cabins and paying by cabin he said three bottles.

Did you make one reservation or 3 separate?

I have read that if you book the steakhouse the first night, you get a free bottle of wine.

My question is, if 4 couples are booked at one table (4 separate cabins), does the table get 4 bottles of wine?

It depends how many reservations you have.

We had one reservation, three seperate rooms and there were 5 of us. We got two bottles of wine. It was awful! BIL and DD tasted it and about spit it out. We booked the first night just so we could get the free wine. Should have known better.

We went with another couple and they only allowed 1 bottle for the 4 of us. This time we booked 2 tables so we can get 2 bottles.

What happens, though, if we book 4 tables, but then when we get there they don't have any way to get us all together? I think I'd rather risk less wine (especially after hearing everyone's opinion of it), than risk not being together...

Maybe have one couple initially make the reservation. The next couple calls and says they would like to make a reservation for the same time, confirm with the person taking the reservation that the "2" of you will have a free bottle of wine to share. Ask the name of the person taking the reservation and note it down. Then ask them to note on the reservation that you want to be seated at the same table as x. The next couple does the same. That would be 3 seperate reservations all confirmed by over the phone that the "2" of you will get a bottle, that just happen to be on the one table. I dont know if that would work but I think it would give you the best odds.

Maybe have one couple initially make the reservation. The next couple calls and says they would like to make a reservation for the same time, confirm with the person taking the reservation that the "2" of you will have a free bottle of wine to share. Ask the name of the person taking the reservation and note it down. Then ask them to note on the reservation that you want to be seated at the same table as x. The next couple does the same. That would be 3 seperate reservations all confirmed by over the phone that the "2" of you will get a bottle, that just happen to be on the one table. I dont know if that would work but I think it would give you the best odds.

It seems that the only way to book is online.

I've received my email confirmation from the restaurant manager, and replied back to ask a question. When I hear back, I'm going to ask if I should furnish all four booking numbers right now, or wait until we get on the ship, and then that should set us up as 4 reservations.

We'll see. After hearing the comments about the wine, I'm not so sure it will really matter - LOL!

You can book the steakhouse after you board the ship. We have never made our reservations on line before the cruise.

I went ahead booked ahead, only because we have 8 people, and it's a 2-night cruise, so could be slim-pickens...

Archived