Thomson Celebration Balconies?

we liked the cinema too happy...but I will admit it is underused, so is explorers, would have made an nice coffee/muffin/internet shop tho

And what gets used more, the cinema or the sports deck? More than likely it's the cinema. They can't make the sports deck a sunbathing area but they're more than willing to put in extra cabins to replace the cinema to get more money out of expensive cabins. Typical :(. Hopefully the deck 5 bit is just a misprint.

Adding extra cabins to deck 5 is just a crazy money making scheme giving even less public space in a ship which is already crowded compared to modern ships. Mind you explorers lounge is usually pretty empty. where would they put the kids club? it looks like the cinema is a fair bet and there is no problem putting them there as the balconies will be recessed into the hull like the ones on P&O Oceana.

Spoke to someone in thomson today there will be 20 balcony cabins on deck 9 and six on deck 6 ( the cinema is to be removed)

So 26 balconys in all, and they are selling well, they are calling people who have booked 8/9 deluxe cabins to offer them first

Spoke to someone in thomson today there will be 20 balcony cabins on deck 9 and six on deck 6 ( the cinema is to be removed)

So 26 balconys in all, and they are selling well, they are calling people who have booked 8/9 deluxe cabins to offer them first

So, did you get one mtt????:)

So, did you get one mtt????:)

Treated me and my mum to cabin no5 twin bed balcony cabin for our colourful coasts cruise, and smoking is allowed on your balcony too, got a picture sent with the info but unable to post on here

there was only cabins 2 and 5 left with twin beds

Edited by mtt

Spoke to someone in thomson today there will be 20 balcony cabins on deck 9 and six on deck ( the cinema is to be removed)

just noticed i put deck 6

its 6 balconies on deck 5

Treated me and my mum to cabin no5 twin bed balcony cabin for our colourful coasts cruise, and smoking is allowed on your balcony too, got a picture sent with the info but unable to post on here

there was only cabins 2 and 5 left with twin beds

Great:D, we'll all look forward to your review.

I've been offerred cabins 1-7, 9, 11 or 15 on deck 9; anyone have any advice. We sail around canaries 7th Feb.

Jim

cabin 1 and 3 have interconnecting doors, 2 and 5 are twin beds that convert to a double

CONFUSED, any one help have sailed DREAM x 3 majesty x 1 have had outside plus prom deck on Dream and outside plus deck 4 majesty thinking of Celibration for winter 2015 is there a outside plus cabin on prom deck many thank,s for any info HOWARD

they only have deluxe cabins on the promenade deck on the celebration, they are a good size cabin some have sofa beds, and some have interconnecting doors

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't hurt if they put them where Explorer's is..... It's a hardly used place :(. Was hoping they could make that another bar though????...

I'm really surprised to learn people think explorer's isn't well used. Not been on Celebration, but on Spirit this year and last year, the area was nearly always busy with people sitting reading/ chatting/ playing cards/ some organised games etc. Not sure if you could get served there or had to go to the bar, but lots of people drinking mainly tea/ coffee / soft drinks. I wonder if this is because they were ex-uk cruises and people spend more time inside?

I don't like the thought of there being less public space inside the ship just to provide 26 balconies so hope they don't go too far with this policy.

kate

I'm really surprised to learn people think explorer's isn't well used. Not been on Celebration, but on Spirit this year and last year, the area was nearly always busy with people sitting reading/ chatting/ playing cards/ some organised games etc. Not sure if you could get served there or had to go to the bar, but lots of people drinking mainly tea/ coffee / soft drinks. I wonder if this is because they were ex-uk cruises and people spend more time inside?

I don't like the thought of there being less public space inside the ship just to provide 26 balconies so hope they don't go too far with this policy.

kate

We have only ever been recently on cruises in the height of the summer to the Eastern Med, Aegean & Adriatic, both on Spirit & Celebration - the Explorers when we have seen it during the day has been quiet but most people are generally outside, in Broadway or Liberties. In the evenings it was quiet too - certainly on the Celebration this year there was no entertainment in there so it was empty. It would be nice to make it another bar/coffee shop area especially as Hemingways was very popular to the point of overflowing at night!

Edited by Julessmiles

Pictures aren't of a brilliant quality, but it shows a serving area with a glass cabinets with cakes in them. This is a very good decision, and glad to see that they are listening to us! :)

1422419_456292067813209_803387126_n.jpg

1467228_456292057813210_1330351498_n.jpg

1425508_456292061146543_2001062487_n.jpg

Apparently shore excursions desk is moving into it, but I can't see where exactly. I'm guessing, if you look at the plan in the second photo, it is the part furthest away, next to the corridor for the balcony cabins. There seems to be blue booklets on the walls and on the little tables.

Edited by Sailaway487

Just had to get my brochure out to see what bar you were talking about. Is it me? I never remember names of bars or staff names :o:o

If I'm meeting DH somewhere we always say "meet in the bar by the library/ up on deck 10/ by the pool" etc. :o:o

Lol, me too! Usually say, meet in the bar near the show lounge, or the bar with the canon. I always forget the name Hemmingway's.

If they are dropping the classical music lounge option on Celebration are they doing the same on other ships? I thought the Royal Observatory on Majesty would make a Horizons type bar but they had classical music in there.

Is that the one underneath the buffet restaurant at the front? Would make sense to add a Horizons style bar in there, question is will Louis want to make the same sort of investment and give it a refurb?