Thomson Celebration Balconies?

Just had to get my brochure out to see what bar you were talking about. Is it me? I never remember names of bars or staff names :o:o

If I'm meeting DH somewhere we always say "meet in the bar by the library/ up on deck 10/ by the pool" etc. :o:o

Me too, Linda. The corridor coffee bar, the bar near the buffet, lounge under the buffet, that place where they do the minute steaks......and I'm pleased my cabin number is on my ship card because I keep forgetting it! :D

Me too, Linda. The corridor coffee bar, the bar near the buffet, lounge under the buffet, that place where they do the minute steaks......and I'm pleased my cabin number is on my ship card because I keep forgetting it! :D

....and me. I get the brochure out to see where we're talking about:o.

Things are getting exciting though aren't they?

Did you all read what Ocavango had to say (or not say!) about Spirit.

Edited by happy v

Artists impressions of the new look explorers on the brand new official Thomson Cruises Facebook page. I think you'll all be happy from what I can judge.

Saw this earlier - looks great & just what was needed - hope we've made the right choice booking the Dream for next year now......!

Just had to get my brochure out to see what bar you were talking about. Is it me? I never remember names of bars or staff names :o:o

If I'm meeting DH somewhere we always say "meet in the bar by the library/ up on deck 10/ by the pool" etc. :o:o

Hi Linda

Here's my tip- I get a small bit of card and make a list of decks 1, 2,3,etc.Against each Deck number I write the name of bar/restaurant etc, and whether at front or back of ship! This goes in the outside pocket of my handbag for quick reference.

Only problem I have on Majesty is which is front and which is back! In daylight when we are at sea I can look out of the window to establish which direction it is to the front- but in the dark???? There was one ship with dolphins on the carpet which all swam forward, but not on the Majesty lol.

Flopsy

Hi Linda

Here's my tip- I get a small bit of card and make a list of decks 1, 2,3,etc.Against each Deck number I write the name of bar/restaurant etc, and whether at front or back of ship! This goes in the outside pocket of my handbag for quick reference.

Only problem I have on Majesty is which is front and which is back! In daylight when we are at sea I can look out of the window to establish which direction it is to the front- but in the dark???? There was one ship with dolphins on the carpet which all swam forward, but not on the Majesty lol.

Flopsy

Thanks for the tips Flopsy :) Even if I see the sea going by, I still have to think "The sea is going that way, so we must be going the other way" if that makes sense :D:D

Thanks for the tips Flopsy :) Even if I see the sea going by, I still have to think "The sea is going that way, so we must be going the other way" if that makes sense :D:D

Definitely makes sense to me! I am the same. :rolleyes:

4 times on the Majesty and I still get confused, yet it is not a problem in a big hotel. Two day trips on Spirit and totally confused so Celebration would be just the same. But as Dream have all entertainment on the same deck that should make it easier. :D

Saw this earlier - looks great & just what was needed - hope we've made the right choice booking the Dream for next year now......!

I think it looks great too....nice and fresh....but not cosy.

Wonder if they have been doing something similar on the Dream while it has had a week "off"?

....and me. I get the brochure out to see where we're talking about:o.

Things are getting exciting though aren't they?

Did you all read what Ocavango had to say (or not say!) about Spirit.

I did V. Hope it is still going from Newcastle to fiords, etc, though.

I pull my brochure to bits and make my own with the relevant bits and include any tips from here, Internet and FB and then add to it when I return from cruise.

I think it looks great too....nice and fresh....but not cosy.

Wonder if they have been doing something similar on the Dream while it has had a week "off"?

just a deep clean, and i saw a photo that put a new floor down on the broadway showlonge stage, no major work, they did have offers on coffees and large muffins the other week

Edited by mtt

Some pics from Facebook of the work being done. First pic is where the cinema once was. The second is the holes being made for the balconies on deck 5. Also, apparently a big screen will be placed in Liberties bar to show movies on now, plus more movie channels are being added to the TV channels now the cinema has gone.

1424400_459323817510034_357400995_n.jpg

1459679_457996450976104_1614211850_n.jpg

1466312_459323640843385_319107642_n.jpg

Thanks for posting these Sailaway - I still haven't mastered the art of putting photos on CC

Wo are you on FB then? Assume you are on the "unofficial" Thomson Cruise group? :)

No, I'm not. I did have a FB account but I don't use it. You can view the Thomson Cruises account without it. :)