St Petersburg Tour Especially for Kids

MariahJ

Hi All,

A while back I remember seeing someone on this forum mention a tour that was geared toward kids in St Petersburg. It was supposed to be all of the usual attractions, but presented in a more kid-friendly way. I can't seem to find it again. My DD will be a month short of her 4th birthday when we travel to St Pete and I don't want her to be bored. Does anyone know of such a tour?

Thanks,

Mariah

• 2 months later...
Hi All,

A while back I remember seeing someone on this forum mention a tour that was geared toward kids in St Petersburg. It was supposed to be all of the usual attractions, but presented in a more kid-friendly way. I can't seem to find it again. My DD will be a month short of her 4th birthday when we travel to St Pete and I don't want her to be bored. Does anyone know of such a tour?

Thanks, Mariah

In our two exhaustive days (not evenings -- perhaps a folkdance presentation?) there was only one time where I saw families enjoying themselves -- and there (Peterhof, an absolutely wonderful park) we were dragged, kicking and screaming at great speed and up the steps with barely time to take a picture! You should remember the emphasis is on the Tsars, followed by WWII and then, of course Stalin -- how do you make that child friendly? Of course, there are fun things in Copenhagen, Stockholm, maybe Tallinn and Helsinki as well? Just took 10 family members to Alaska RT Seattle (20 July) and we ranged from 4 to 66 years. The three children had a great time in doing everything and the ship (Star Princess) had a cadre of eager college students (mainly from Washington State) that treated them with great warmth. Maybe your ship will have a good children's program? My general impression is that the best kids cruise in Europe would be in the Mediterranean in June or July (but it takes an exceptional young child to be interested in history and culture (of course I remember in the middle of Florence a great merry-go-round and super pizza and wonderful parks in Barcelona?).

Maybe for our 50th we'll try another family outing (Barcelona/Venice), but children would then range between 10 and 18 (the two youngest ones are cousins with parents that are our two children and when they can hang out together, wherever, they are having fun!

DJ:)

How old are they kids - that will make a difference. I had my kids this summer but one is more of a young adult and other older teens (16, 16 & 20) who all have an interest in history. They do have one of the largest indoor water parks in the world in St, Petersburg - this opened about a year ago - we considered doing that but they boys passed. But I there are other things also depending on their ages

Sharon

Our sons were 17 and 13 when we visited this past summer. Even though they are older (our 13 YO was 4 when we first cruised in 2004 and he remembers nothing from that cruise), we found it worthwhile to take one of the less-hectic tours. We opted for Alla's "Comfort" tour, which skipped St. Isaac's Cathedral and Yusupov's Palace. Highlights for sons: canal tour and Peterhof (added feature: the hydrofoil ride to Peterhof). They weren't as fond of the Hermitage - although they are old enough to know they are "supposed" to appreciate it.:p I would also recommend going to your roll call to see whether there are other families interested in tours. We booked our tour because there were other families booked as well; of our group of 15, at least 6 were teens.